Road trip- 7 states; 2,791 miles

hypnotic

📛 Founding Member
Jun 15, 2024
Media
Dallas
Just got home last night. Happy to say Elsie performed great the whole time. Even at a brief 100mph she handled awesome.

Gave her a good deep clean this morning. Now back to the boring daily routine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_165629_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_165629_Instagram.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
100 MPH! Wow! Of course, Interstates are now 80 MPH. This brings back the painful memory when the national speed limit was briefly set at 55.

100 MPH! Wow! Of course, Interstates are now 80 MPH. This brings back the painful memory when the national speed limit was briefly set at 55.
Ha. 80 mph speed limit in the middle of SD where you could see for miles and no one was around. Hit 100 to see if I could then back to 85. We then got to a small town and it was 40mph. Felt like we were walking. Ha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_170733_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_170733_Instagram.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 82
This brings back the painful memory when the national speed limit was briefly set at 55.

If you want to relive that history come on over to Oregon! Most highways on the east side are 55, and even I-5 has some stretches of 55 and 60. We couldn't even pump our own gas until last year. I'm pretty sure I also need the government to hold my d__k when I take a piss.

If you want to relive that history come on over to Oregon! Most highways on the east side are 55, and even I-5 has some stretches of 55 and 60. We couldn't even pump our own gas until last year. I'm pretty sure I also need the government to hold my d__k when I take a piss.
Moved to Nevada in 1963, and the speed limit was "Reasonable and Proper", i.e. if the conditions permitted there was no limit. I believe Montana was the same. Happy to hear you can finally pump your own gas.

Not true. Oregonians are prohibited by law from having a d__k.

Haha! Years ago on a road trip to Oregon I pulled in for gas. Of course the gas station promised full serve. So I waited for a while, but it was busy. So I did what anyone else on the rest of the continent would do. I got out & started pumping my own gas… I’ve never seen a gas jockey move so fast as when I started doing that! Who would think that would be illegal?

Haha! Years ago on a road trip to Oregon I pulled in for gas. Of course the gas station promised full serve. So I waited for a while, but it was busy. So I did what anyone else on the rest of the continent would do. I got out & started pumping my own gas… I’ve never seen a gas jockey move so fast as when I started doing that! Who would think that would be illegal?
The law is actually changed recently. You can now pump your own gas.

The funny thing is, I was there a month or so after the law changed visiting a friend. We are at some remote town near OR-ID border fueling for a camping trip. A ~70 year old man pulls up to refuel, pulls the gas nozzle and somehow pushes the trigger as soon as he lifts it and sprays gas all over the pump. I think he panicked and kept holding the trigger, so the gas station attendant turned off all pumps with an emergency shutoff. We had to wait their 30 mins for them to clean the spilled gas, before we could refuel.

Last edited:
Happened to me in New Jersey

Reactions: MJE
It is kinda wild how comfortable modern cars can be at 100mph. I think back to my first car (early 90s Subaru) and that thing felt like it was going to come apart at 80mph.

Back