Rhino-Rack is coming for the Land Cruiser!

Filmed our commercial for the Pioneer 6. 1000+ miles through Alpine Loop and Moab and the Land Cruiser handled it all like a champ.

We also shot our launch media for our brand new rack system coming out in September. That will makes its debut at Overland Expo Mountain West but I'll see if I can sneak a teaser over here ahead of time.

Attachments

• DSC03138.jpg
    DSC03138.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC03149.jpg
    DSC03149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • DSC03309.jpg
    DSC03309.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC03504.jpg
    DSC03504.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 171
Hey guys, Weston here with Rhino-Rack. I joined the team recently as their North American Marketing Manager and already hit the ground running with the Land Cruiser. I thought I'd introduce myself, share some plans and offer an aftermarket resource as more of you take delivery. I'll be sure to keep you updated on products (including a slick new rack I'll unveil soon) and will work with the admins on some deals/group buys for the community.

For those of you who don't know, Rhino-Rack is a 30+ year old roof rack and accessory company founded in Australia with some longtime ties to Toyota down under. My goal is spreading the same love that has been growing in the Aussie off-road and overland crowd for the past three decades.

Personally speaking, I've been building Toyotas and Lexuses for the past 15 years and may know a few of you here. You can check out some of my past stuff on www.instagram.com/outworldhq and www.youtube.com/outworld .

We recently had a GX550 in the shop to confirm final fitment of our Pioneer 6 platform which, of course, satisfies both the GX and LC fits. Here's a sneak peak of that rack and a mockup I put together of what I have in mind for our Land Cruiser if I can find an allocation. We're happy to be here and excited to see this community grow!

- Weston
Thanks Weston, following!

So, I'm researching roof racks and want to ask a noob question. What is the difference between the dynamic and static weight? What qualifies weight as being dynamic or static?

Thanks

So, I'm researching roof racks and want to ask a noob question. What is the difference between the dynamic and static weight? What qualifies weight as being dynamic or static?

Thanks

No stupid questions, Mr. Poopy Face, only stupid answers.

Dynamic load limit is while the vehicle is moving, static is when it's stationary.

@Rhino-Rack got another newbie Q… never had a roof rack before, what are the supported β€œmounting” or β€œtie down” methods for putting stuff on the rack? Is it purely tie down straps?

For example could I attach a fishing rod holder with T-slot mounts?

@Rhino-Rack got another newbie Q… never had a roof rack before, what are the supported β€œmounting” or β€œtie down” methods for putting stuff on the rack? Is it purely tie down straps?

For example could I attach a fishing rod holder with T-slot mounts?

Not a newbie question at all!

The Pioneer 6 has t-slots with no 'exits' at the end, meaning traditional t-slot mounts wouldn't work out of the box. Our previoius Pioneer 5 DOES have exits at the end of the slots which allow you to insert those universal t-slot mounts.

The Pioneer 6 was designed to be used with our new Zwiflocs fastening system: Zwiflocβ„’ Fastening System | Rhino-Rack | Rhino-Rack US

This technology allows you to drop in and mount without having to back everything out if that makes sense. We are expecting a restock of standalone Zwiflocks soon that would allow those universal accessories to mount to the Pioneer 6.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Mark your calendars for next Friday, August 23. Our newest rack for the Land Cruiser and GX550 is set for reveal.

If you'll be at Overland Expo next week - come see it in person at our booth!

Attachments

• DSC02698-HDR-3.jpg
    DSC02698-HDR-3.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03668-2.jpg
    DSC03668-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
I'm excited to announce our latest full-length rack system, the Reconn Platform. Joining our legendary Pioneer series of platform racks, the Reconn Platform is Rhino-Rack's answer to the vehicle-specific, form fitting rack systems.

More details and preorder registration is here:

If you happen to be at Overland Expo, come check it out in person on the 2024 Land Cruiser at our booth (C13).

Here with any questions!

Attachments

• LC250-1.jpg
    LC250-1.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 48
  • LC250-2.jpg
    LC250-2.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 46
  • LC250-3.jpg
    LC250-3.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 39
  • LC250-4.jpg
    LC250-4.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 50
  • LC250-5.jpg
    LC250-5.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 49
  • LC250-6.jpg
    LC250-6.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 47
  • LC250-7.jpg
    LC250-7.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 49
  • LC250-8.jpg
    LC250-8.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 38
  • LC250-9.jpg
    LC250-9.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 36
  • LC250-10.jpg
    LC250-10.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 48
Hi Weston............thanks for sharing. It looks great. Can you say whether you'll have a 3/4 option soon? Ours' is not an Overland vehicle and my wife would rather keep it behind the sunroof. Other than that, it's exactly what we want.

Hi Weston............thanks for sharing. It looks great. Can you say whether you'll have a 3/4 option soon? Ours' is not an Overland vehicle and my wife would rather keep it behind the sunroof. Other than that, it's exactly what we want.

Thanks for the kind words! No plans for a 3/4 on this style, but we are finalizing our fitment for the Pioneer 6 platform mounting via our crossbars which is going to extend just to the rear of the sunroof. Not the same style but much of the same functionality!

Thanks for the reply.....and engagement with this community. I'm looking for this style, but the shorter length. I'd like to keep it as streamlined as possible to minimize noise and maximize efficiency, and my wife definitely doesn't want anything over the sunroof. You would know better, but I bet you would find there's a decent market from those of us that are more Griswald (need family truckster-type utility), than Grizzled (Overlanders). ;-)

Back