Removing interior door card/panel to reduce rattles

Tavo

📛 Founding Member
Jul 12, 2024
Westlake, FL
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hey gang,

I’d like to remove the door panels to add some materials to reduce vibrations on the door durning music playback. Does anybody know or have access to a diagram or resource that shows how to?

I figure I’d ask before attempting to do it without guidance first.

Gus

Hey gang,

I’d like to remove the door panels to add some materials to reduce vibrations on the door durning music playback. Does anybody know or have access to a diagram or resource that shows how to?

I figure I’d ask before attempting to do it without guidance first.

Gus
This may help.

You will need to remove the trim cover in the arm rest area (pry with trim tool from the top) and the trim panel behind the door handle (pry with trim tool from the edge closest to the door handle. Three screws to remove, and it pops off. Make sure a take a picture of the door cables (green and a white one) they just pop off, but if you forget which one goes where and you mix them up, you can effectively lock the door and if you close it, no way to open it back up, happened to me on my Taco. I take them off so many times, I wrote with a silver sharpie which one went where.

Attachments

• FRONT DOOR SPEAKER.pdf
    390.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
This may help.

You will need to remove the trim cover in the arm rest area (pry with trim tool from the top) and the trim panel behind the door handle (pry with trim tool from the edge closest to the door handle. Three screws to remove, and it pops off. Make sure a take a picture of the door cables (green and a white one) they just pop off, but if you forget which one goes where and you mix them up, you can effectively lock the door and if you close it, no way to open it back up, happened to me on my Taco. I take them off so many times, I wrote with a silver sharpie which one went where.
Do you have the part numbers for the front and rear door cards, more specifically for the FE? I'm assuming removal and installion of the rears are the same or easier than the front.

Sorry I don't have access to any part numbers. I assume as well the rear panels are removed like the fronts.

Back