Rear A/C from front control

LCOceans

📛 Founding Member
Aug 10, 2024
Virginia
Vehicles
Land Cruiser First Edition, 4Runner TRD Pro, Lexus GX470
I was driving home tonight from BJ's and had some frozen stuff in back so pressed the "REAR" button at far right of controls in attempt to turn on air conditioning in the back. Panel lights up rear a/c with temp but has parenthesis around it. The button goes green so I assume A/C for rear is on, but after about 10 seconds, it cuts off. I tried several times and same thing happened each time. Didn't know if anyone has experience with this and understands what is going on?

I was driving home tonight from BJ's and had some frozen stuff in back so pressed the "REAR" button at far right of controls in attempt to turn on air conditioning in the back. Panel lights up rear a/c with temp but has parenthesis around it. The button goes green so I assume A/C for rear is on, but after about 10 seconds, it cuts off. I tried several times and same thing happened each time. Didn't know if anyone has experience with this and understands what is going on?
I had something similar happen, I think I had to mess the rear control panel and then it would stay on from the front....... can't remember what I did.

I think pushing the rear button just changes the front panel to control the rear.

So you have to press the rear button, then press another control. I usually hit rear then auto and that turns the rear on. Or rear then off to turn it off

The green light turning off after 10s is just returning the control panel back to the front

I think pushing the rear button just changes the front panel to control the rear.

So you have to press the rear button, then press another control. I usually hit rear then auto and that turns the rear on. Or rear then off to turn it off

The green light turning off after 10s is just returning the control panel back to the front
This makes sense. Thank you!!

From my understanding LC has 2 independent AC units. One cools 1st row and another one 2nd and 3rd (US models don't get 3rd row, but we are still getting 2 AC units, btw my doggo is veryhappy with such a luxury in the trunk) rows. So, this far right 'Rear' button switches AC controls to manage 2nd AC unit (which 2nd row passenger passengers can control on their own with dedicated controls). This is useful when you have dumb little humans (kids) in the 2nd row who can't control AC by themselves.

Personally, I'm control freak and don't allow passengers to mess with AC, so I always have 'Sync' on, so all the climate zones are doing the same thing and I'm not worried that kids freeze or fry themselves.

1st row AC controls:
1727411784875.png

2nd + 3rd row AC controls:
1727411902864.png

Last edited:

Yes this

Back