Rails, Steps & Running Board Advice

Hiw are the 275/70 / 18 on the 1958 any issues I want to upgrade my tires also
There are no issues with them really, the height was the most noticeable change for me.

I'm not happy with my MPG, which isn't such a big deal to many folks here. My tires are now E load rated which means they are heavy. When I need new tires, I may go down to 265 SL rated to reduce the unsprung weight.

There are no issues with them really, the height was the most noticeable change for me.

I'm not happy with my MPG, which isn't such a big deal to many folks here. My tires are now E load rated which means they are heavy. When I need new tires, I may go down to 265 SL rated to reduce the unsprung weight.
Thanks Just wanted to hear it from someone who has already made the tire switch

The running boards that come on the LC trim work really well for getting into the truck. They don’t offer any protection so if you’re off roading a lot, they probably aren’t the best option. But if you just want something to help get in, they’re great.

Greenlane was mentioned earlier in this thread and they do have Aluminum parts for the J250 now 2024+ TOYOTA LANDCRUISER — GREENLANE OFFROAD. They sell a step slider without the bumpout. The pics aren't up yet, but they say they exist and will be on the site shortly.
$1450.00

Worth noting, thats $1,450 CDN... So closer to $1,055 USD.

I have the Greenlane sliders on my 4Runner, without the kickout. While I like the sleeker look, if you plan on using them for steps to access something on the roof the kickout is helpful. I really like the fact that even where the powdercoat was scratched, there is no concern about rust. They may not be as hefty as some competitors, not worrying about rust is huge when it snows half the year for me.

I have the Greenlane sliders on my 4Runner, without the kickout. While I like the sleeker look, if you plan on using them for steps to access something on the roof the kickout is helpful. I really like the fact that even where the powdercoat was scratched, there is no concern about rust. They may not be as hefty as some competitors, not worrying about rust is huge when it snows half the year for me.
Thanks, I’m seriously considering the Greenlane. I’ve got family members who have a tough time getting into my LC. Is it wide enough to operate as a good step?

Mine are used as a step constantly.. more than enough room for a foot or standing on to grab something from the roof.

1723131828092.png

Greenlane was mentioned earlier in this thread and they do have Aluminum parts for the J250 now 2024+ TOYOTA LANDCRUISER — GREENLANE OFFROAD. They sell a step slider without the bumpout. The pics aren't up yet, but they say they exist and will be on the site shortly.

Is the step's surface below the body edge and if yes how much? What is the width of the step?

Our daughter is partially disabled, so I ordered the predator steps for my 58. $675. Dealer wanted $250 to install. I ut them on in under half hour. Extremely easy for 1 person to do, as you can put in the bolts loosely and then slid the tube right up onto them and then tighten. Perhaps the easiest thing I've ever done under a vehicle.
Did the steps come with the hardware?

Did the steps come with the hardware?
There should be bolts installed from the factory, UTube mentioned it was an effort by Toyota to reduce the moisture from getting in the frame cavity and causing rust.

Look under and you should see two rows of bolt heads seemingly doing nothing along the inside of the rocker panels.

The ones posted by the owner of Dissent Offroad looked awesome... nice flat top surface for a step and fully functional as a slider.
A friend of mine has the Dissent sliders for his Ineos Grenadier. Easy install, but the top plate is a little wavy and they are a little narrow to step on as you enter and exit the vehicle. Dissent took a LONG time to fulfill this order (maybe 5-6 months?) Based on what I see on his Ineos, I'll go a different way.

Back