Radio No Sound

izzysanchez

📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2024
Media
North Carolina
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 1981 FJ43, 1997 fzj80
Adding this as I coudnt find any similar experiences. Drove 1800 miles last 5 days, no issues with carplay or radio sound. Last 30 minutes of the long drive was through a torrential thunderstorm, so we had turned the sound all the way to zero so we can better hear outside sounds.
Anyway, this morning out for a drive and realize there is no sound, no music, nothing. Tried turning the volume off, disconnected car play, turn on Sirius or FM, cycled car off and on again, and no sound. The radio knob message would blink when I changed modes withe a Zero on the display. The knob was non responsive.

SOLUTION: Then I used the native navigation system, speakers crackled for a fraction of a second and sound was back on. Everything was back to normal, no idea what caused it but it only came back by using the native navigation system. Which by the way I am still searching for a way to set the home address to.....

…soooo not sure about the sound issues but I think you set the home address in the Toyota app….I think I found that solution on YouTube…

Possibly a carplay issue? I had an issue where the radio would switch to carplay if I received a text, and it would be silent since I wasn't playing anything over carplay.

If it happens again, you can also trying restarting the head unit. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or so and it should restart.

Adding this as I coudnt find any similar experiences. Drove 1800 miles last 5 days, no issues with carplay or radio sound. Last 30 minutes of the long drive was through a torrential thunderstorm, so we had turned the sound all the way to zero so we can better hear outside sounds.
Anyway, this morning out for a drive and realize there is no sound, no music, nothing. Tried turning the volume off, disconnected car play, turn on Sirius or FM, cycled car off and on again, and no sound. The radio knob message would blink when I changed modes withe a Zero on the display. The knob was non responsive.

SOLUTION: Then I used the native navigation system, speakers crackled for a fraction of a second and sound was back on. Everything was back to normal, no idea what caused it but it only came back by using the native navigation system. Which by the way I am still searching for a way to set the home address to.....
OK campers, time to move onto the multimedia manual. I haven’t found a guide or manual for the Toyota app, but I haven’t really tried.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 32
…soooo not sure about the sound issues but I think you set the home address in the Toyota app….I think I found that solution on YouTube…
No dice. I am an enginerd, read all the manuals, watch videos, an it just won’t transfer. I can see it saved on the app though
OK campers, time to move onto the multimedia manual. I haven’t found a guide or manual for the Toyota app, but I haven’t really tried.
The nav manual is on the Toyota owners page, I have them all as pdfs in my iPad, makes the searchabLe by phrase or word

No dice. I am an enginerd, read all the manuals, watch videos, an it just won’t transfer. I can see it saved on the app though

The nav manual is on the Toyota owners page, I have them all as pdfs in my iPad, makes the searchabLe by phrase or word
Just my opinion............. Don't set a home address as it's directions to your house and should an unsavory individual acquire your vehicle or data etc.......

I use may dog's name under contacts, and put my address there. My thought is........ almost as easy as a "home" but should anyone ever look for a "home" they won't find one. I use Apple car play and it's very easy to say "Siri directions to Sparky"..... done deal.

I had a similar issue. I had been running errands for a few hours and listening to the radio. All of a sudden the sound from the radio stopped. Checked CarPlay, also no sound and checked navigation, also no sound. Eventually when I got home I turned the car off and back on and everything was back to normal. Not a big issue if it is a one off issue but will be a problem if it happens during a long road trip. It was a hot day, could it be that the amplifier over heats and shuts off? 850 miles on the LC so far, no other issues and loving it.

Just my opinion............. Don't set a home address as it's directions to your house and should an unsavory individual acquire your vehicle or data etc.......

I use may dog's name under contacts, and put my address there. My thought is........ almost as easy as a "home" but should anyone ever look for a "home" they won't find one. I use Apple car play and it's very easy to say "Siri directions to Sparky"..... done deal.
Also, you shouldn’t program your garage door into this. If you forget to lock your car in the driveway, somebody just has to open the door and push the button and they are in. I use CarPlay to open my garage door.

Also, you shouldn’t program your garage door into this. If you forget to lock your car in the driveway, somebody just has to open the door and push the button and they are in. I use CarPlay to open my garage door.
Please help me with the CarPlay garage door, I wasn't aware this was a thing.

Please help me with the CarPlay garage door, I wasn't aware this was a thing.
I have a chamberlain, garage door opener. I added my garage door opener to my Apple HomeKit. In CarPlay when I have the multi pane view, “open garage door” will show up on the right hand side at the bottom when you’re within distance.

It does indeed save your address in the app but not on the onboard system…you have to say go home then it will…clunky for sure not ideal but that’s how it happens lol

I had no sound from my radio out of the blue, but Amazon music from Android Car was fine. The next time I stopped and shut off the car and started it the sound was OK again for the radio. Hasn't happened since.

I have had issues with the radio with no sound twice now. One time I was listening to FM radio and the sound quit working. I tried Sirius XM then AM radio and no sound there also. Later, after I parked and ran some errands, I came back to the car and when started, the radio worked again.

The second time the sound just quit and nothing would work. No FM AM or Sirius. Later, after I stopped for a couple hours, then got back in the car and started it, everything worked again.

One more issue is my navigation screen is fading out at the top and is not as visible as the remainder of the screen. It seems to be happening to the top 3/4" area of the screen.

Last edited:
I have had issues with the radio with no sound twice now. One time I was listening to FM radio and the sound quit working. I tried Sirius XM then AM radio and no sound there also. Later, after I parked and ran some errands, I came back to the car and when started, the radio woked again.

The second time the sound just quit and nothing would work. No FM AM or Sirius. Later, after I stiooed for a couple hours, it was working again.

One more issue is my navigation screen is fading out at the top and is not as visible as the remainer of the screen. It seems to be the top 3/4" of the screen.
I'd def visit the dealer just to get it documented!

For those that have the intermittent loss of sound on AM/FM or Sirius satellite radio, I was told today by my service advisor that Toyota corporate is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

Hopefully the solution to the problem will arrive soon since Toyota should have plenty of tekno techs on board to figure this out.

Back