Proud Parent of a 2024 J250 in SoCal

Dr. W

📛 Founding Member
Sep 18, 2024
Orange County, CA
Vehicles
2024 J250 First Edition, 1978 FJ40
Hi all. I’ve been using this forum extensively for the past few months as I shopped for a new J250 LC. I grew up driving a 1978 FJ40, and was excited to learn that Toyota was re-releasing the LC in North America this year. The long hours of research and dealership hounding paid off, as I was able to pick up a blue FE for well under MSRP. Hope you are all enjoying your vehicles as much as I am!

Please let me know anybody has any off-roading recommendations in/near Orange County CA. I grew up airing down and driving on sandy beaches in NJ. Also have done a fair bit of rock crawling in CO. Just looking for light-duty off-roading trails for now— I’m not quite emotionally ready to scratch the new paint.

Please let me know anybody has any off-roading recommendations in/near Orange County CA. I grew up airing down and driving on sandy beaches in NJ. Also have done a fair bit of rock crawling in CO. Just looking for light-duty off-roading trails for now— I’m not quite emotionally ready to scratch the new paint.
Check out my Youtube channel: The Family Cruiser 250
& my IG: @familycruiser250

What part of OC are you in? Would love to wheel with a fellow j250 owner.

Check out my Youtube channel: The Family Cruiser 25O
& my IG: @familycruiser25O

What part of OC are you in? Would love to wheel with a fellow j250 owner.
"Common Issues": Two rattles and a squeak? Really? I mean, I realize you YouTubers have to be hyperbolic to get clicks, but one of those you didn't even notice until another YouTuber pointed it out.

Also, you have a typo in the title.

I am from Anaheim Hills. Did off-roading/ off-grid camping with family in UT, AZ, CO with my gwagon.
Now owned the blue LCFE…in process to upgrade for same purpose above.
I would love to join the group in the trails
Attached is my G in CO (Engineering Pass). I will share my LCFE photos when It is competed: tires, built-in air compressor, drawer system, fridge slide, tire carrier, 8 lights with switch control box, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_5872.jpeg
    IMG_5872.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 45
"Common Issues": Two rattles and a squeak? Really? I mean, I realize you YouTubers have to be hyperbolic to get clicks, but one of those you didn't even notice until another YouTuber pointed it out.

Also, you have a typo in the title.
They are common issues that have come up both here and on social media. What else would I call them?

I never noticed it before me because I wasn’t looking for it. I normally drive with music on the fwy and I rarely drive over 70mph. Not sure what your issue is with my take on common issues that have been talked about here on this forum…?

I am from Anaheim Hills. Did off-roading/ off-grid camping with family in UT, AZ, CO with my gwagon.
Now owned the blue LCFE…in process to upgrade for same purpose above.
I would love to join the group in the trails
Attached is my G in CO (Engineering Pass). I will share my LCFE photos when It is competed: tires, built-in air compressor, drawer system, fridge slide, tire carrier, 8 lights with switch control box, etc.)
How are you doing the compressor? You using the bracket by that company in CA?

I did my own “custom” one (L bracket 1/8” x 3.5” x10” without relocated computer. I don’t like that solution which put the compressor at bottom and relocated the computer on top.

Attachments

• IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I did my own “custom” one (L bracket 1/8” x 3.5” x10” without relocated computer. I don’t like that solution which put the compressor at bottom and relocated the computer on top.
Is that a twin, on its side?

Quick sketch (section) here may help you to understand. I didn’t take photos while I did in process.
Do not Locate the compressor to close to fender…ensure it clear the hood and also have room to change the filters if needed in future

Attachments

• IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 33
Back