Premium vs Regular MPG Challenge

Trailman

đź“› Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Kansas City
Anyone who has over 1,000 miles on their LC running stock tires want to do a test with regular vs premium gas where you fill up with premium, run it down to close to 0 estimated range and then fill up with 87 octane and do the same and compare results? I'm sure a number of people would be interested to see the difference. I would do it but stuck waiting on mine...

Would be extremely interested, and if we had ours, would do.

You’d need to do this over multiple tanks to average them out as much as possible. Driving conditions and habits have more impact on mpg than fuel grade does.

Agree, just curious what the difference is in everyday driving. Would be interested to see someone who is on a highway trip with multiple tanks of gas and what the difference is assuming similar types of driving conditions as well.

If mine comes in in time, 2 July I'm taking a 1100 mile (2200 total) trip and plan on using hi-test for the trip up and blue collar stuff for the trip back. I plan on doing an oil/filter change after the 1st leg and again at 5000 miles.

Should be a accurate test as it'll be 90% freeway both ways and I'll track the in and around mileage separately.

Then in Aug I have a 1800 mile trip and will repeat the process.

Now if God's willing and the creek don't rise, I'll take delivery before the trip!

Back