Powder coating my wheels - Opinions on color?

beammeup

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 3, 2024
Media
North Shore of Lake Superior
Vehicles
2024 LC Premie - "Clark"
FullSizeRender.jpeg
I know it is hard to discern the subtleties of the different shades from a small picture, but zooming in on the pictures does help.

I have purchased a set of used, very lightly scratched, 18x7.5", LC/FE style wheels to replace the 20s that came with my Premie. I have a shop lined up to powder-coat the new (to me) wheels and would welcome opinions. My intent is to invoke the early/mid 70s vibe when White spoked wheels were very popular - without getting too gaudy.

Number 1 is a battleship gray and not my favorite at this time

Number 2 is a very light gray to off-white with some darker gray metallic flakes in the mix.

Number 3 is a solid grayish-white with no metallics

Number 4 is a very light gray.

Number 5 is a cream color

Number 6 is a VERY close match to the roof

Number 7 is a somewhat darker gray.

Let me know what you think!
FullSizeRender.jpeg

I had been intrigued by the cream color, but momma shared your opinion. While I still think #5 would look good, I decided to stay with my 'Plan A' and went with number 6.
I think you’ve got a great idea with the roof color & should evoke those white steel wheels well. Looking forward to seeing pics of how it turns out!

View attachment 11087I know it is hard to discern the subtleties of the different shades from a small picture, but zooming in on the pictures does help.

I have purchased a set of used, very lightly scratched, 18x7.5", LC/FE style wheels to replace the 20s that came with my Premie. I have a shop lined up to powder-coat the new (to me) wheels and would welcome opinions. My intent is to invoke the early/mid 70s vibe when White spoked wheels were very popular - without getting too gaudy.

Number 1 is a battleship gray and not my favorite at this time

Number 2 is a very light gray to off-white with some darker gray metallic flakes in the mix.

Number 3 is a solid grayish-white with no metallics

Number 4 is a very light gray.

Number 5 is a cream color

Number 6 is a VERY close match to the roof

Number 7 is a somewhat darker gray.

Let me know what you think!View attachment 11086
Hi have you a picture of them re finished please
Dave in the UK

Back