• 93 Octane Fuel with Ethanol

Votes: 21 15.3%

• Total voters

Trailman

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Media
Kansas City
This poll is only intended for people with 1,000+ miles on their Land Cruiser to get past the initial break in period so only answer if you have over 1,000 miles on your vehicle. We're going to break it down between 1958, LC LC and First Edition models to see how they compare. My assumption is FE should be the worst with the roof rack, heavier skids plates etc, followed by LC LC and then 1958 due to it being the lightest of the 3. If you have heavily modified your vehicle with large tires /heavier wheels I would ask you refrain from answering and skewing results. It's okay to answer if you have changed tires to something similar to the stock tires but slightly heavier.

I also added the ability to select the type of fuel you are using and you are allowed to make one selection for MPG and one selection for type of fuel used so 2 total votes per person.

Last edited:
Would like a couple of additional questions - What Octane fuel is being used? With/Without Ethanol?

Would like a couple of additional questions - What Octane fuel is being used? With/Without Ethanol?
I thought about that. I originally had 18" and 20" wheels as options as well but I ran out of the number of poll options so I had to simplify my poll. I just want to get an average with all the variables included for now except heavily modified larger tires.

Last edited:
Bump, I updated the poll to allow people to make 2 selections, MPG and Fuel as requested by Nuke.

Last edited:
Very interesting so far and following expectations based upon the model. But I feel overall encouraging especially thinking the MPG could increase more in time. I don't even have mine yet but know there are drive modes. Would like to know how many really use ECO mode most of the time and how much a difference that makes.

Looking for some daring person, who would let the low fuel light kick in, then will keep driving till the vehicle stops, to find the total miles covered and at what speed. Reserve miles.

I
Looking for some daring person, who would let the low fuel light kick in, then will keep driving till the vehicle stops, to find the total miles covered and at what speed. Reserve miles.

I think you can get close enough by just seeing how much you fill up with when the gauge says refuel and subtract the gallons from 17.9. You should have 40 miles range roughly if averaging 20mpg. No need to run out of fuel

I have a LC, LC w/Premium. 18" wheels, stock. I filled up with 91 and live in Downtown LA - lots of stop and go's at lights, traffic, etc.

First tank drove like an absolute grandma, eco-mode. I avg'd 20 (did the math, total miles/gallons filled) dash was showing 18.5. Second tank I drove a little heavier, normal mode - hit 18.5, dash was showing 17 (second tank was almost all highway miles to and from san diego going 85)

Does anyone live in LA? or a crowded city? I'm dealing with traffic lights roughly every 100-500 ft, so I'd assume if I lived in the country it would be way better.

Hi BKLC , I am in Southern California, 40 miles East of LA, at LA county 's Eastern border. Same traffic, same everything. I am on the freeways for hours commuting. Everyday. I know how you feel.

I will try, when I get back to Miss Daisy.

Just filled up for first time today. hand calculated 18.66 MPG, 50% highway and 50% in town empirically speaking. Not that great. Whole tank was in eco mode and i really hyper miled this thing. Running 265 70 18 FWP's, and it started with 536 miles from dealer (It was a demo).

Back