PlastiDip or Remove iForceMax branding?

deftkillerstu

📛 Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Charlotte, NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition in Heritage Blue
I don't understand why they made iForceMax chrome when the Land Cruiser branding is black. I think I'm going to first PlastiDip iForceMax to see how I like it and if I still don't like it, I'll remove it. Curious what others are doing?

How did y’all remove the badging? Heat gun to pull off and then goo-gone for the adhesive residue?

Never done that before.
I removed mine. Used dental floss. Very easy and looks so much nicer

How did y’all remove the badging? Heat gun to pull off and then goo-gone for the adhesive residue?

Never done that before.
Yep, although it's been so hot I didn't even need the heat gun. Just take your time with the string (I used fishing line). If you use goo-gone be sure to wash (with soapy water) the area as soon as you have all the adhesive off.

Thanks for posting this! Was wondering if there were "dimples" , pegs or similar behind the badge. First mod when it shows up!

I removed mine the other day as well. Used fishing line. Once off just patience, hair dryer, iso alcohol and a microfiber towel to remove the adhesive Tape. Probably would of left it on if it was black but the chrome was out of place.

I think the easiest option is a 3M rubber eraser bit in your drill..take a minute or two and no chemicals on the paint. Its what the dealers would use to remove decals etc.

Here is what it looks like removed in white

Attachments

• PXL_20240709_010605723~2.jpg
    PXL_20240709_010605723~2.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 300
Back