Pistol Safe/Holster

TN-LC250

📛 Founding Member
Jul 30, 2024
Media
Tennessee
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
For those inquiring about a secure vehicle pistol holster/safe…I can’t say enough good things about the Vara Safety Reach 2S. Just ordered another for the LC.

Website Photo and link included.

Attachments

• IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 297
That looks great thank you. However, I'll have to watch a few YouTube videos to see exactly how it works.

I'll also have to research the legality of it here in California. I typically use a physical safe that is locked around the bottom of my seat or something of that nature.

Also, there are some storage components made by companies such as goose gear that have lockable areas in the rear.

However, if I was not going to bring my pistol with me to a location where it's not allowed or where I don't want to carry it, I don't think, but I'm not sure if I would be able to leave it in that safe in the vehicle exposed.

First, I wouldnt want it exposed so anyone can see it, but secondly I'm pretty sure even with the CCW it has to be concealed and not displayed in the vehicle.

There are also companies that make safes for the center console. However, the ones I typically used are not made for this vehicle yet.

Thanks for pointing out this product though, I appreciate it

That looks great thank you. However, I'll have to watch a few YouTube videos to see exactly how it works.

I'll also have to research the legality of it here in California. I typically use a physical safe that is locked around the bottom of my seat or something of that nature.

Also, there are some storage components made by companies such as goose gear that have lockable areas in the rear.

However, if I was not going to bring my pistol with me to a location where it's not allowed or where I don't want to carry it, I don't think, but I'm not sure if I would be able to leave it in that safe in the vehicle exposed.

First, I wouldnt want it exposed so anyone can see it, but secondly I'm pretty sure even with the CCW it has to be concealed and not displayed in the vehicle.

There are also companies that make safes for the center console. However, the ones I typically used are not made for this vehicle yet.

Thanks for pointing out this product though, I appreciate it
Certified by CA Department of Justice (firearm storage requirements).

Certified by CA Department of Justice (firearm storage requirements).
That's good to know. However, I would still never leave a firearm anywhere in my vehicle where it can be seen.

Although I'm sure I could figure out other areas where this safe might be helpful.

Looks great but I would still need a redundant safe to leave it in if I can't or don’t want to bring it with me. So I don’t see the point in it unless you don’t like appendix carry or holding on you while driving.

For those inquiring about a secure vehicle pistol holster/safe…I can’t say enough good things about the Vara Safety Reach 2S. Just ordered another for the LC.

lets see one installed in a LC to see placement....thats a stock photo

lets see one installed in a LC to see placement....thats a stock photo
Did the updated picture I posted yesterday not show up for you? Here it is again. 😀

Attachments

• IMG_7997.jpeg
    IMG_7997.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 134
Did the updated picture I posted yesterday not show up for you? Here it is again. 😀
Thanks for posting this. Is it attached to the seat frame rail? How do you like the lock/unlock mechanism?

Thanks for posting this. Is it attached to the seat frame rail? How do you like the lock/unlock mechanism?
It attaches to the rail. Just loosen one seat bolt and slide it in, then tighten the seat bolt.

The mechanism is really smooth and super fast. Way faster and safer than appendix carrying from a sitting position.

More pics…

Attachments

• IMG_8035.jpeg
    IMG_8035.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8038.jpeg
    IMG_8038.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8037.jpeg
    IMG_8037.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 127
It attaches to the rail. Just loosen one seat bolt and slide it in, then tighten the seat bolt.

The mechanism is really smooth and super fast. Way faster and safer than appendix carrying from a sitting position.

More pics…
That's a great point and one I didn't consider. Thank you. I'll definitely look into one now

More pics…

Thanks for posting this! Very neat system. Quick reliable access looks like it would be hard to beat. I’m kind of like the others that just don’t like that visible, but it’s probably not that visible. And you could always transfer to safe under the seat when needed. Side question what happened to the sights on your P3 65?

Thanks for posting this! Very neat system. Quick reliable access looks like it would be hard to beat. I’m kind of like the others that just don’t like that visible, but it’s probably not that visible. And you could always transfer to safe under the seat when needed. Side question what happened to the sights on your P3 65?
You are correct. You can always put it in a hidden safe…or transfer to your carry holster.

It’s a P365 SAS. Sig Anti Snag. The sight is embedded in the slide. I love it.

OP TN is speaking to the group about a neat item he found.
Your multi paragraph, multi post soliloquy on why it is not right for you is tiresome.

I've been looking for ways to mount my firearm too. This looks interesting, but does it get in the way if I forward my seat. I'm very short.

We are all friendly, and for the most part positive and polite.
One could construe from your postings, again and again, why this particular holster is not for you, as negative.

I don’t particularly like Fumoto oil drain valves. When I see people post all about Fumotos on different forums, I read the posts and move on to the next topic.

Also, the title of this thread is “Pistol safe/ holster”, it is not “ Hey Mountaindesert, will this particular holster work for you”

Back