PICTURES of Bronze Method 701 & Mickey Thompson on my Heritage Blue FE

Uncle_Spike

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 8, 2024
Media
TN
Vehicles
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4XE, Land Cruiser 2024 FE
Some quick essentials in the first few days of ownership. Ceramic window tint on every piece of glass (windshield and sunroof too) Platinum Ceramic coating, entire vehicle wheels off too. Most importantly since I really couldn't find any pics of a Heritage blue with bronze wheels, I took a gamble and am super pleased. All the auto shops I have been in first thing the techs have commented on was they love the wheels. Hope these pics help some of you to ditch the awful black wheels. In my opinion t really changes up some of the visual balance, seems like it helps accentuate the trim and the 2 tone roof. I also think the 275's on 18's fill the wheel wells just the right amount. I saw TRD Johns LC with the aluminum wheels but I thought it was just a little to "bright"

No levelling kit

Method Race Wheels MR701 18 X9 6-139.70 18 BZMTXX

Mickey Thompson Baja Legend EXP LT275 /70 R18

Was a little concerned about the 18 offset, visually it looks good but I'll get back to you on how much sling I get down the sides.
IMG_2266.jpg
IMG_2257.jpgIMG_2252.jpgIMG_2254.jpgIMG_2253.jpgIMG_2237.jpgIMG_2220.jpgIMG_2227.jpgIMG_2226.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 244
Iโ€™ve looked at this tire multiple times as the sidewall is less aggressive than the Boss AT and they are a great price. Let me know how they ride!

Those are LOT better than I would have thought! Nice ride!

Last edited:
Iโ€™ve looked at this tire multiple times as the sidewall is less aggressive than the Boss AT and they are a great price. Let me know how they ride!
100 miles in to them all below 55 mph city driving and they are great so far. Does feel like it took a tiny bit off body roll away which is a plus in my book. I was at a cars n coffee and several people approached me and said they ran those and loved the legend exp. I agree the sidewall was less aggressive which was appealing to me. On the BFG's I see the sidewall a mile away and it looks like a big circle of arrows to me lol and dont get me started on the 10" Michelin man charatcer that was on the sidewall of the stock tires. If you haven't noticed yet don't go look, you wont be able to unsee it. I agreed to pay toyota for advertising not Nickelodeon :cool:

Those a LOT better than I would have thought! Nice ride!
Thanks I was on the fence about bronze but am stoked with how it turned out.

Like this look for your rig. As a future meteor shower owner, I'm definitely going with black over bronze wheels. There is one meteor shower LC on Instagram with bronze 703s and in my opinion it looks horrible haha.
Can you post that pic? I have meteor shower too and deciding what color wheel to go withโ€ฆ

Hopefully this user is not on here! Maybe the poor photo quality doesn't do this guy any favors but personally am not a fan of this color combo.View attachment 5169

Yeah that's a no from me. Whenever I see a car kind of matched with the wheels but not really, it looks like they just took whatever they had in the garage, slapped it on, and called it a day because they didn't care.

Make them disappear or make them contrast.. don't settle for "close enough".

Also not a fan of limo tint, I get that its hot in certain places but not having any visibility looking into the car is a safety hazard and just reminds me of a drug dealer car.

Some quick essentials in the first few days of ownership. Ceramic window tint on every piece of glass (windshield and sunroof too) Platinum Ceramic coating, entire vehicle wheels off too. Most importantly since I really couldn't find any pics of a Heritage blue with bronze wheels, I took a gamble and am super pleased. All the auto shops I have been in first thing the techs have commented on was they love the wheels. Hope these pics help some of you to ditch the awful black wheels. In my opinion t really changes up some of the visual balance, seems like it helps accentuate the trim and the 2 tone roof. I also think the 275's on 18's fill the wheel wells just the right amount. I saw TRD Johns LC with the aluminum wheels but I thought it was just a little to "bright"

No levelling kit

Was a little concerned about the 18 offset, visually it looks good but I'll get back to you on how much sling I get down the sides.
View attachment 5151View attachment 5153View attachment 5154View attachment 5152View attachment 5155View attachment 5149View attachment 5146View attachment 5147View attachment 5148
This looks so good!!!

Any updates on rubbing or fitting the spare? The tire spreadsheet could be updated if you have report.

Any updates on rubbing or fitting the spare? The tire spreadsheet could be updated if you have report.
I actually didnt replace the spare yet for that reason, was a gamble I wasnt willing to take, but will sort out. I am going to pull one and test fit it most likely. Im going to blame the other member who I saw did that for putting that notion in my head ;)

No levelling kit

View attachment 5151View attachment 5153View attachment 5154View attachment 5152View attachment 5155View attachment 5149View attachment 5146View attachment 5147View attachment 5148
Hi...is there a reason you didn't go with 285's? My FE will be delivered later this week and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on Ridge Grappler 285's.. Your thoughts.. Thank you

I am also thinking about putting on a wheel with less offset. Wondering if the +18 offset has caused any rubbing on the mudflaps or wheelwell?

Any rubbing issues? Have you taken it off-road? Any issues there?

Back