Picking up my 1958 Meteor Shower today in Asheville!

Asheville1958

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 12, 2024
Media
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958 - Meteor Gray, Nitto Ridge Grappler 265s, Predator steps
I got the call yesterday and headed in to test drive. Plenty of power! Maybe a little shudder as the electric converts to all gas while slowly excellerating in Normal mode? It's only got 10 miles on her though so I think it will work itself out? Sport, Normal, Eco modes on the fly is super cool! Came with 265/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, the Predator side steps, full hood film protection and door edge/rear quarter corner film protection, tinted windows, and a really nice dash camera already installed from South East Toyota. I'm having them turn the Ridge Grapplers around to the less aggressive sidewall side to make the wife happy. Not sure about the Predator side steps yet? I think I'll be looking for a different side step eventually. Wondering what the options will be?

It does have just a little Champagne glow to the silver at certain angles and lighting, but not that much. With my progressive lense sunglasses off it seems much more silver. Seems less Champange in person than in cellphone photos if that makes sense? I think I really like the color!!

Only thing I'll have to figure out is the left elbow padding. The cloth seats fit my 5' 11" frame very well and I got them comfy really quick. Other touch points are really nice (center console, shifter, steering wheel). The door armrest is hard plastic but I can see it is a floating panel attached to the rest of the door panel, that probably can be removed and Softex upholstered to match the center console armrest? I'm left handed and drive with my elbow planted and hand on wheel at 8 o'clock. If that is the only interior upgrade I need to feel comfy I think the 1958 is a huge win! Thinking my local upholstery shop can match the armrest Softex to the center armrest if Toyota doesnt have a padded one I can to order. I'm super surprised by the bells and whistles it does have! It's got heated seats and steering wheel, tons of rear AC vents (extra "ghost" third row ceiling vents too that can be redirected back forward to the second row passengers!) and independent rear AC controls. No more "turn up the AC" requests from the back seat.

Attachments

• 20240611_133102.jpg
    20240611_133102.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 340
  • cbf17310-4779-42d4-88db-efad6d29ba81.jpg
    cbf17310-4779-42d4-88db-efad6d29ba81.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Nice LC. How much did the dealership charge you for the ridge grapplers?

Possibly my favorite color even though I have black ๐Ÿ˜‚. Nice truck!

Nice! Iโ€™m jealous! When I stopped into my local dealer, I drove and could have taken a white 1958 home with me. Instead Iโ€™m set to take possession of my MS colored 1958 within the next 5 weeks or so. Mine doesnโ€™t have the upgraded Nitto tires, which look great! Congrats!

Pick up my Base 58 White tomorrow. I could have ordered the next trim level Land Cruiser with Premium Package, but didn't really want to wait until October timeframe. It has really everything I lie (for now)

Nice LC. How much did the dealership charge you for the ridge grapplers?
$1549.00 for the 265/65/18 Ridge Grapplers, and the spare still has the Toyo 245/70/18 on it. The spare wheel is the matching alloy wheel though which is nice incase you scrape up one of the other 4!

$1549.00 for the 265/65/18 Ridge Grapplers, and the spare still has the Toyo 245/70/18 on it. The spare wheel is the matching alloy wheel though which is nice incase you scrape up one of the other 4!

Attachments

• 20240613_163613.jpg
    20240613_163613.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 148
Back