Part number for roof rail (all parts needed)--need to lose the FE rack for height reasons

mfj20th

📛 Founding Member
Jul 28, 2024
Media
Honolulu
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
All
Appreciate all of the great info in this forum. i just got my FE and need to get rid of the FE rack and add soem cross bars. I m very close to my max garage height and need simple rails and x-bars. Happy to trade, or buy the rails and then sell the FE rack. Has anyone seen what's under the FE rack, can you just remove the sides or the whole tings and use the screws in the holes--dont really need th rack, TBH.
Thoughts appreciated
Peace,
MJ

I just did mine. Have you done yours yet? I can send a few pictures it's pretty simple.
I went to a Toyota dealer and got the roof drip covers but they don't work by themselves. I'm pretty pissed about it. I put the bolts back in two holes at each place and it looks retarded for now.
They charged me 70 freaking dollars with the 10% off for the six little plastic parts that are about 5" long and an 1" wide.
Two pieces of that weatherstripping which are about 24 inches long, left parentheses I didn't measure it) can be cut and filled in much cheaper which is what I'm thinking of doing. They better take these parts back because they don't work like that.
Everything came off pretty easy and I did it by myself.
There's one or two screws on each side where they bolt onto the mounting brackets.
(I forgot what they're called too)
For the front ones to completely get the roof rack loose, there are two bolts on that front bracket that I had to remove in order to get the front of the rack to come loose. I think it can be done without having to do that but that's what worked for me.
Put a big folded up towel under each side towards the front and as I lifted up the rear of the rack from standing on a ladder behind the vehicle, I was able just to slide it all the way until it is ready to tilt down. And then put two towels right above the hatchback so that is a tilted up pushing down I think.
Anyway let me know if you got yours done and if you want pictures or not.

Back