Over the air update?

Tripod1404

📛 Founding Member
Jul 22, 2024
Media
WI
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Couple of days ago, when I started the car, I got a notification on the center screen saying something like "update installed". Since then the jerking/hesitation while coming a stop completely disappeared. I initially didn't pay much attention to the update (I assumed it is a GPS map update or something).

Anyone also saw the update and had an improved transmission behavior? I wonder if they pushed an over the air update for transmission programing.

Another possibility is that it was usual break-in behavior, and the car just started to fully utilize hybrid powertrain.

Couple of days ago, when I started the car, I got a notification on the center screen saying something like "update installed". Since then the jerking/hesitation while coming a stop completely disappeared. I initially didn't pay much attention to the update (I assumed it is a GPS map update or something).

Anyone also saw the update and had an improved transmission behavior? I wonder if they pushed an over the air update for transmission programing.

Another possibility is that it was usual break-in behavior, and the car just started to fully utilize hybrid powertrain.
The over the air updates are generally just for the head unit and Maps.

Any updates for the ECUs are generally done by the Stealership.

The over the air updates are generally just for the head unit and Maps.

Any updates for the ECUs are generally done by the Stealership.
Hopefully eventually, but I can visualize a high degree of risk/liability in regard to implementing OTH drivetrain updates.

Back