Northern California LC Owners

Im NorCal. FE with 1000 miles so far. Curious about your mileage. Im getting only 16-17 with easy driving.
Wondering if its the California summer blend gas?
What are you getting?
About 17 here. But much of that was Bay Area traffic slogging.

I wish I was getting 20. Best Iโ€™ve done so far is 18 all freeway to Monterrey.
In the general forum most are reporting low 20โ€™s. Even with roof rack.
Anyone getting low 20โ€™s in California?

I'm in the 18s myself. Mostly freeway driving, Normal mode, everyday on the express lane.

Im NorCal. FE with 1000 miles so far. Curious about your mileage. Im getting only 16-17 with easy driving.
Wondering if its the California summer blend gas?
What are you getting?
If you're wondering if it's the fuel, and it's not too far out of the way, there's a gas state on 680 near Sunol that sells various octane fuels up to 101 w/o ethanol. I used to drive a WRX that would ping if I pushed it hard on normal fuel, that place was on my way to work and I'd add just a few gallons of the higher octane stuff and it would run great.

Anybody been on some cool trails or scenic drives in the area that they recommend?
I don't know of much for unpaved trails nearby. Scenic drives:
  • Drive up Mount Hamilton and visit Lick Observatory. Bonus scenic drive if you keep going and then drive north to Livermore.
  • Patterson Pass road from Livermore to Patterson/I-5 to go see the windmills.
  • The road up Mount Diablo.
  • I've never been out to Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area, there are off-road trails out there.
Lots of great trails if you get over into the Sierras. I've been thinking one of the first places I want to take my Land Cruiser is over Henness Pass Road -- it's the old stagecoach route through the Sierras north of I-80 that Mark Twain used to take to get between Nevada and San Francisco. It would be trivial for a Land Cruiser (with good tires). Lots of interesting side trails.

Is anyone interested in buying my 20 inch wheels? I have driven 300 miles on them and getting new wheels and tires soon. Just want to know if I should keep them for whoever here who wants them. I am willing to negotiate on a fair prices. I am not going to ask for more than $800 for all Four Wheels and tires.

Back