NHTSA report a problem

Okay so I was in the ih8mud GX/LC 250 forums and found this thread titled

Technical Service Bulletins--please post them here​

In that thread there is a post that says he talked to a dealer that informed him there will be a TSB coming out that addresses brake squeal when in reverse on GX and LC. “Dealer said” replacing pads and shims. I don’t know if this is actually true as there is no source referenced (noTSB posted yet).

I apologize for not being tech savvy enough to provide an actual link.

Last edited:
Has anyone thought about making a complaint about the brakes with the NHTSA? Could the brakes become a safety issue? Do we know enough about the problem to determine if it will become a safety problem?

Done. I experienced it again today, and just reported it online. My dealer in Kalispell could not replicate it at 1st oil change. I told them it only occurs first thing in the morning. Definite squeal at 3 mph with light application of breaks in reverse.

Done. I experienced it again today, and just reported it online. My dealer in Kalispell could not replicate it at 1st oil change. I told them it only occurs first thing in the morning. Definite squeal at 3 mph with light application of breaks in reverse.
We also own a GX550 Overtrail and it and our LC FE both do the same on first trip backing down the driveway. Lexus dealer advised me today that the company is aware of the problem and will be shipping parts to correct it. No details as to when.

TRD Jon just dropped his towing video and opened with this same problem. Sounds like its pretty widespread, mine has it. I have not noticed ANY braking concerns beyond that squeal first thing in the morning.

Back