New to the LC forum

ace

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 10, 2024
Montana
Vehicles
FJ70, 1998 tacoma, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner
We live in MT and have had many Toyotas over the years: FJ70, very old tacomas, 1998 tacomas, newer tacomas, FJ Cruiser, 3rd gen 4Runners.
Looking forward to getting the new LC, leaning towards the 1958 model, made a deposit but no final decision on the model yet.
Any help would be appreciated!

If you want:

Little frills...... 1958
More frills but not all....... LC
Almost all the frills .......... LC with prem pkg
All the frills and the big bill....... LC FE

Attachments

• 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Specifications _ Toyota.pdf
    468.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Have not had the opportunity to personally inspect a 1958, but it appears a lot of hard plastics vs soft-touch. However, it does get tri-zone HVAC, which is a surprise, as even the GX Overtrail does not have this. Of course, the smaller center screen. No front axle disconnect, but not a big deal except for hard-core off-roading.

Not plannning to off-road this vehicle much (would use the FJ Cruiser for that) that said we live on a road that does not get plowed regularly and will want to get into places with snow, mud, rough road etc. We are trying to decide if it's worth the extra 6k for the Land Cruiser model.
These are the differences that I care about:
* Rectangular LED headlights. Are people happy with their brightness? we have a lot of wildlife here.
Some people have complained about the round headlighs casting a shadow, do the rectangular LED headlights have the same problem?
  • Multi-Terrain Select, does it work well and would it make a difference on our un-plowed road?
  • Multi-Terrain Monitor: would the camers work in snow, mud etc? could live w/o this.
  • Power open/close rear door liftgate. Can I use the key FOB or a button to open/close?
The sensor will likely not work when covered with dirt/snow?
* Gauge and multimedia screens, the bigger ones should be able to see everything easier?
Are the bigger screens worth paying more for?
  • don't like to "stick" to SofTex seats in summer when doing lots of stops in town. Would want to put seat covers on these, would prefer a cloth covered cover over neoprene for breathability, any recommendations? We have dogs that like to play in snow.
  • are the Land Cruiser model seats more comfortable than the 1958? (apart from power and trim)
  • are the roof rails removable?
  • Illuminated entry: cabin totally dark when a person opens a door on the 1958?
Any input greatly appreciated!

Some say rectangular ones do not โ€œWโ€ shadow some say they doโ€ฆ
Rounds definitely do- raised mine a bit and helped considerably- if you have an opportunity to test drive later into the evening I would figure out how to make that happen -
Perhaps aftermarket will come out and be better
I have driven an 1958, LC no Prem pkg and an FE. I did prefer the leather - and the larger screen that the non 1958 offers.
Ended up with FE mostly because I fell in love with Traildust color, the other two were black, beautiful.. but, I decided on color for once.
I love mine, itโ€™s more than I was going to pay but I dont have to upgrade to anything other than tires at some point. Perhaps regular running board at some point
Was going to trade to rectangular lights, getting so so many compliments on this โ€œretroโ€ vibe
Other than the constant hills that lag my MPG. To 19 - Iโ€™m so very happy with my LC so far - have a little over 1000K and I donโ€™t see that changing due to driving conditions not technique

Back