New Tires Already

Here are a few more tire photos for those interested. I just got the windows tinted so of course needed a fresh set of pics. I'm pretty pleased at how it fills up the wheel well gap a little more.
What type of film did you use? Ceramic heat blocking? Percent light transmittance? Windshield?

Oh yeah, the Blizzaks have been awesome. Although they seem to wear fast.
Yea, those and the Michelin ICE IIโ€™s are made of a much softer rubber, so they do wear faster than other tires, especially when no snow and ice are on the roads.

Hi, everyone, I'm happy to be a member here. Got my new LC a few days ago and have already bought new tires (Falken 275/60/20). I need to go hide my VISA card for a while. It clears my garage with about 1/4" to spare, too! I was worried the slightly taller tire might ban it from the garage forever, but the height change was miniscule.
I brought mine home Monday. It had the cross bars I have no interest in. I winced and pulled it into the garage. Went out an hour later and took them off. A quick visual check indicates they made it in by less than 1". Now that they're forever off, I can roar into the garage.

Not understanding why everyone is hell bent on getting rid of the OEM tires. I understand thin sidewalls and rocks, I understand when folks want a beefier look. But for street use and dirt roads.......... they work pretty good. I won't be replacing them with the same when they wear down, I'll probably go with KO2s as I know they are pretty quite and wear well, but not until they are needed.

If the OEM tires were 3peak rated I would have seriously considered not replacing them. I actually thought they looked pretty good in real life. Quieter and better mileage too!

Not understanding why everyone is hell bent on getting rid of the OEM tires. I understand thin sidewalls and rocks, I understand when folks want a beefier look. But for street use and dirt roads.......... they work pretty good. I won't be replacing them with the same when they wear down, I'll probably go with KO2s as I know they are pretty quite and wear well, but not until they are needed.
Some people live where there's snow on the roads for 3-4 months of the year. I'd rather get one set of tires that works year 'round than switch out summer and winter tires - been doing that for 20 years and I'm over it.

I need an all season that is good in the snow as this will be used a lot in the snow.
Some people live where there's snow on the roads for 3-4 months of the year. I'd rather get one set of tires that works year 'round than switch out summer and winter tires - been doing that for 20 years and I'm over it.
yeah our subaru has winter tires I put on every year Blizzaks and its a pain. My truck has all season on them snowflake rated and so much easier. Going the all season route with the landcruiser.

I get it, your money, do what you want.

I understand winter tires and not having to swap out summers for winters........ it's not winter yet.

Can't really air down the 20s, which many of us have.

I agree. So I now pay for the tire change and tire storage. The question is whether that service is worth $300/year. It's also a tire rotation that I don't pay extra for and actually gets done every six months. I tend to procrastinate on doing timely rotation.

20s are a good winter tire size. Not a good off road size.

Can't really air down the 20s, which many of us have.
20's air down just fine for sand, and I doubt folks are airing down on a daily basis for rock crawling (and there's a big difference between gravel roads and actual rock crawling) and I get it ...... your money, buy/do what you want.

A dedicated winter tire on ice and snow will do better than any all terrain. I usually have rims and tires mounted just for winter. Swap them out in under an hour. Running blizzaks for years. Surprised at how tough a tire it is off road. I also hear good things about the Michelin ice and the nokian hippawhatevah.

Reactions: fhb
I tried the mountain peak rated All terrain for one winter and went to a dedicated winter the next... no comparison at all. We have snow for 5-6 months, so not something I want to cheap out on. My 20s will be swapped for winter tires come Oct/Nov and kept as such. Going to use the stock tires until then, and hoping there are more wheel options in the spring in the proper offset and go to a 17 or 18.

I tried the mountain peak rated All terrain for one winter and went to a dedicated winter the next... no comparison at all. We have snow for 5-6 months, so not something I want to cheap out on. My 20s will be swapped for winter tires come Oct/Nov and kept as such. Going to use the stock tires until then, and hoping there are more wheel options in the spring in the proper offset and go to a 17 or 18.
Your logic makes sense to me!

Absolutely makes sense in (much of) Canada. Coming from the maritimes, winter tires were just a part of life.

Where I'm at now, much of the winter driving is elective - meaning you can choose to go up into the mountains. Snow melts quickly in the city, and we usually only have maybe 1-2 weeks total of "snow that sticks around" per winter. A subaru with all-seasons will get the job done until you want to go skiing after it snowed recently.

I ski 40+ days a season, and you better believe the days I want to ski the most are the absolute worst days for driving. I'm going to see how it goes this winter with the wildpeaks on the LC. But I might wimp out and just take our RAV4 with blizzaks on the worst days (also to save on gas!)

My apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Can anyone with the 20s confirm what the size of your included spare is? Is that still a 265/70r18? Or do the 20 equipped LC also come with a 20" spare rim?

Asking because the dealership messed up and put my preorder on the wrong VIN#. Ended up with one that was missing the 20s, which was the one deal breaker option for me! Thankfully they have been awesome about it. Ordering the rims and not charging me. Can't complain there. Kind of works out better in a way since I wanted different tires anyway, but wondering about the spare. Thx

Last edited:
My apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Can anyone with the 20s confirm what the size of your included spare is? Is that still a 265/70r18? Or do the 20 equipped LC also come with a 20" spare rim?

Asking because the dealership messed up and put my preorder on the wrong VIN#. Ended up with one that was missing the 20s, which was the one deal breaker option for me! Thankfully they have been awesome about it. Ordering the rims and not charging me. Can't complain there. Kind of works out better in a way since I wanted different tires anyway. But just wondering about the spare. Thx

Based on what I've seen on these forums, you could probably have had someone pay you to swap your 18s for their 20s!

Hi, everyone, I'm happy to be a member here. Got my new LC a few days ago and have already bought new tires (Falken 275/60/20). I need to go hide my VISA card for a while. It clears my garage with about 1/4" to spare, too! I was worried the slightly taller tire might ban it from the garage forever, but the height change was miniscule.
Thanks for your post! I'm also dealing with limited garage space. Can you share the overall height measurement of your garage space?

Back