New Owner in Colorado

Colorado

πŸ“› Founding Member
Jun 24, 2024
Media
Lone Tree, Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Hello all, my name is Larry and I bought a '24 Land Cruiser (Land Cruiser trim) a little over a week ago.

Funny story. A local dealer had 3 on the lot so my wife and I decided to go on a "cheap date," where looking at cars was the entertainment. The black/black 1958 was too black, the Meteor Shower First Edition was great but too pricey and the pearl white LC was (as Goldilocks would say) "just right." But it was sold. Then, the next day, the salesman called to say the buyer had backed out and we could get the white LC, but had to hurry. Bottom line: Our cheap date turned into a very expensive date. Moral of the story - don't fall for that "cheap date" trick.

I've only got 120 miles on it but am going fishing today so that'll add another 200 - 220 miles.

I replaced a 2015 Highlander Hybrid (HiHy) Limited with this LC. I loved that car and, naturally, have been comparing the two since a week ago. Here's what I've come up with:

LC Pros (Compared to HiHy):
Much more capable off road and in the snow
Legendary LC reliability
Great visibility
Love the high seat height
Big power, way more than I need
Huge coolness factor
Lots of tech and safety options/settings

LC Cons (Compared to HiHy):
Far fewer storage spaces in front seat area (almost none)
Much smaller cargo area
No memory seat function
Too many tech options/settings
Not as fuel efficient
Uses premium gas

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. But I still miss my HiHy. It was a terrific car.

Larry

Congrats. Super happy for you. Did you happen to buy the TFL one (see at 21:40) at 21:40

A Tacoma, not an LC, thusly made in Mexico, not Japan. Need I say more...
If you watch the video at 21:40, you'll see a white LC at the dealership where they sold their Tacoma. That LC happened to be their reserved LC, but they turned it down. The dealership isn't far from the OP.

If you watch the video at 21:40, you'll see a white LC at the dealership where they sold their Tacoma. That LC happened to be their reserved LC, but they turned it down. The dealership isn't far from the OP.
Sorry, misunderstood. Wish that was my LC. Our VERY small dealership has roughly zero clout.

Hello all, my name is Larry and I bought a '24 Land Cruiser (Land Cruiser trim) a little over a week ago.

Funny story. A local dealer had 3 on the lot so my wife and I decided to go on a "cheap date," where looking at cars was the entertainment. The black/black 1958 was too black, the Meteor Shower First Edition was great but too pricey and the pearl white LC was (as Goldilocks would say) "just right." But it was sold. Then, the next day, the salesman called to say the buyer had backed out and we could get the white LC, but had to hurry. Bottom line: Our cheap date turned into a very expensive date. Moral of the story - don't fall for that "cheap date" trick.

I've only got 120 miles on it but am going fishing today so that'll add another 200 - 220 miles.

I replaced a 2015 Highlander Hybrid (HiHy) Limited with this LC. I loved that car and, naturally, have been comparing the two since a week ago. Here's what I've come up with:

LC Pros (Compared to HiHy):
Much more capable off road and in the snow
Legendary LC reliability
Great visibility
Love the high seat height
Big power, way more than I need
Huge coolness factor
Lots of tech and safety options/settings

LC Cons (Compared to HiHy):
Far fewer storage spaces in front seat area (almost none)
Much smaller cargo area
No memory seat function
Too many tech options/settings
Not as fuel efficient
Uses premium gas

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. But I still miss my HiHy. It was a terrific car.

Larry
Did you pay over MRSP?

Congrats Proj626! Welcome to the forum. May I ask which trim? In particular, does it have a sunroof?

Hey Utahguy, that sure looks like my LC but I got it at Stevenson Toyota East, not Mountain States Toyota.

Ginabrockinton, no I paid MSRP plus $699 for the BS dealer's paperwork fee. Oh well, that's a small hit to the wallet.

The LC did great driving in the mountains today. Went up into the Rockies then over Berthoud Pass to fish the Colorado. Came back the same way so a lot of switchbacks and elevation changes. Handled the steep climbss without breaking a sweat. Still managed 23.3 mpg which isn't bad given the conditions.

I've not seen any other LCs on the road at all. I see Cybertrucks all the time. Weird.

Hey Utahguy, that sure looks like my LC but I got it at Stevenson Toyota East, not Mountain States Toyota.

Ginabrockinton, no I paid MSRP plus $699 for the BS dealer's paperwork fee. Oh well, that's a small hit to the wallet.

The LC did great driving in the mountains today. Went up into the Rockies then over Berthoud Pass to fish the Colorado. Came back the same way so a lot of switchbacks and elevation changes. Handled the steep climbss without breaking a sweat. Still managed 23.3 mpg which isn't bad given the conditions.

I've not seen any other LCs on the road at all. I see Cybertrucks all the time. Weird.
What fuel are you using? Do you have to use 93 octane?

Hey there. I'm in Co Springs and just picked a LC up as well. Congrats on the purchase.
Hey Proj626, good to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am.

I'm curious. Have you seen any other LCs on the road? I have not and, when people come up ask about my LC, they always say mine is the first one they've seen.

Hey Lenny33, I should pose the same question to you as I did to Poj626. Are you seeing any LCs out there? In two weeks of nearly daily driving, I haven't seen any.
Have not seen one in the wild yet.
I have a feeling that will change very soon!

Lenny33 and Proj626, I should have asked, how do you plan on using your LC? Daily commuting with the occasional mountian expedition, hunting, fishing, sightseeing? I'm retired and mainly just like to go to out-of-the-way fishing spots but I still like to do the occasional "pass bagging." I get a lot of fun bounding over the same routes we used to do on our adventure bikes, like Old Monarch Pass, Kebler Pass, (easy) and Hagerman Pass, TIn Cup (more challenging) and those in between, like Cumberland.

Lenny33 and Proj626, I should have asked, how do you plan on using your LC? Daily commuting with the occasional mountian expedition, hunting, fishing, sightseeing? I'm retired and mainly just like to go to out-of-the-way fishing spots but I still like to do the occasional "pass bagging." I get a lot of fun bounding over the same routes we used to do on our adventure bikes, like Old Monarch Pass, Kebler Pass, (easy) and Hagerman Pass, TIn Cup (more challenging) and those in between, like Cumberland.
Had a GX460 before this - loved the rig but hated the power (never re-geared) and the mileage and the old tech.
Daily commuter, camper hauler, overland trip maker, snow beast hopefully (live at 8600’ and the fam likes to ski and get out), and occasional trail vehicle is what is in store for mine.
Plan on hitting Redcone soon and letting my almost 16 year old drive our jeep while I bust the cherry on the LC.

Hey Proj626, good to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am.

I'm curious. Have you seen any other LCs on the road? I have not and, when people come up ask about my LC, they always say mine is the first one they've seen.
I haven't seen any others on the road right now and mine will be off the road for a while now. About to make a post on it but mine has to get the engine torn down due to a sound in cylinder #1. yea.. me!!!

Back