New member from Colorado

kyakaddict

đź“› Founding Member
Oct 6, 2024
Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser, 2006 lifted v8 4Runner
I live at 8500 feet in Colorado , so yes, I do ski a bit. I'm a long time 2003 and 2006 lifted v8 4Runner owner and just picked up a 2024 Landcruiser (Underground/Java). I do a lot of driving and camping, about 3 months a year. My plans for the LC is to remove the back seats or build a storage platform to effectively flatten the back for sleeping. I use a Dometic fridge which complicates the design. I also plan on replacing the tires with 275/70/18's assuming it will fit the spare tire spot, and replacing the factory roof rack with a Prinsu full length roof rack. Also thinking of a Westcott leveling kit and adding a steel skid plate to replace the plastic OEM.

Welcome kyakaddict! At your altitude I would wager your LC definitely outperforms the previous 4Runners! Right? We owned a 2005 V8 4Runner, and smoother than silk, but not exactly a powerhouse, especially at 8K'.

The LC definitely has more torque and acceleration than the v8 4Runner has. But the v8 is a low stress engine meant to have a long, reliable life, so performance was not its strong point. I put 265,000 miles on the '03 (bought new) with almost zero mechanical issues. I have 232,000 miles on the '06 (bought used at 115,000), but had to replace the engine at 198,000 due to an overheating issue. So looking forward to a long relationship with this new LC.

Hello fellow Colorado LC owner. Lovely choice on color/interior color. That would’ve been my first choice if I could have made myself wait to get one. Sounds like we’ve got some similar long term plans for our LC’s, but I’ll probably need to keep my backseats for a while and go rooftop tent instead. 275/70/18s fit nicely, and it’s the biggest size that will truly fit properly in the spare location. I also think they fill out the wheel wells much nicer than the stock size. Here’s a picture of mine on 275 BFG KO3’s somewhere along the Deer Creek/Saints John loop.
_DSC8599.jpeg

Back