LCBob

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 12, 2024
Media
Orlando
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hey Everyone,

First-time Land Cruiser owner. Hell, first-time Toyota owner here. Picked up my LC 250 FE about 6 weeks ago and I'm LOVING it!

Here is a list of modifications I've done thus far and what I like / don't like about each:
  • HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Light C1R+Brake from Diode Dynamics -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation, works great.
    • Cons: None
  • Rear Emblem Tri-Blue Overlay from StickerFab -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation, looks neat.
  • Grille Decor Badge, 3-Color (blue) Upgrade Emblem from Amazon -> LINK
    • Pros: Neat little add-on
    • Cons: PITA to install and the colors aren't great. None of them are heritage blue.
  • Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Amazon -> LINK
    • Pros: Does what it's intended to do.
  • Tactical Bag Insert Elastic Holder from Amazon to add a little more storage -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation using some velcro tape and allows me to store simple things like (pen, chapstick, knife, etc...) that would normally be rolling around in my center console.
  • Westcott Designs Preload Collar Lift Kit -> LINK
    • Pros: Works as expected
    • Cons: Paid $850 to have installed by my local shop
  • Method 703 Wheels (17") -> LINK
    • Pros: Looks awesome!
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (35"x12.5") -> LINK
    • Cons: There is minor rubbing ONLY when in reverse and at like 80% wheel turn.

Overall, I'm really loving the LC and will post more changes as I make them. Here are some pictures.

Really appreciate all of the insight provided on this forum!

-Bob

Side.png

Front.png

Wheels & Tires.png

diodedynamics.png

Stickerfab.png

Can I presume the tires are not the same OD as the OEM's? If true, any remedy for the resulting speedometer/odometer error? Love the screen protectors. No issue with the touch screen response?

Can I presume the tires are not the same OD as the OEM's? If true, any remedy for the resulting speedometer/odometer error?
The speedometer is off by roughly 2mph. I'm going to the OEM to see if they can correct it. Chevy refused to fix this issue on my previous Silverado build but I'm hoping Toyota will be a bit more helpful.

The speedometer is off by roughly 2mph. I'm going to the OEM to see if they can correct it. Chevy refused to fix this issue on my previous Silverado build but I'm hoping Toyota will be a bit more helpful.
Thanks! 2 MPH at highway speed is not bad at all. I have seen devices which plug to the OBD connector to allegedly address this issue and others, but not sure if they function as advertised.

Nice... would love to level the front but then it may not fit in my garage. The roof rails and cross bars fit by a hair.

Hey Everyone,

First-time Land Cruiser owner. Hell, first-time Toyota owner here. Picked up my LC 250 FE about 6 weeks ago and I'm LOVING it!

Here is a list of modifications I've done thus far and what I like / don't like about each:
  • HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Light C1R+Brake from Diode Dynamics -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation, works great.
  • Rear Emblem Tri-Blue Overlay from StickerFab -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation, looks neat.
  • Grille Decor Badge, 3-Color (blue) Upgrade Emblem from Amazon -> LINK
    • Pros: Neat little add-on
    • Cons: PITA to install and the colors aren't great. None of them are heritage blue.
  • Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Amazon -> LINK
    • Pros: Does what it's intended to do.
  • Tactical Bag Insert Elastic Holder from Amazon to add a little more storage -> LINK
    • Pros: Easy installation using some velcro tape and allows me to store simple things like (pen, chapstick, knife, etc...) that would normally be rolling around in my center console.
  • Westcott Designs Preload Collar Lift Kit -> LINK
    • Pros: Works as expected
    • Cons: Paid $850 to have installed by my local shop
  • Method 703 Wheels (17") -> LINK
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (35"x12.5") -> LINK
    • Cons: There is minor rubbing ONLY when in reverse and at like 80% wheel turn.

Overall, I'm really loving the LC and will post more changes as I make them. Here are some pictures.

Really appreciate all of the insight provided on this forum!

-Bob

View attachment 9300
View attachment 9301
View attachment 9302
View attachment 9303
View attachment 9304
That looks mean as hell. Glad to see that 17s work on the LC. I'll most likely go with 33" tires if I can get 17s on it. Waiting to see what aftermarket suspension has to offer in a while before I go with wheels and new tires. I don't want a 3" lift and may have to have custom coilovers and springs manufactured. 1.5" to 2" lift is all I want for this build.

How much clearance from the brakes to the barrel of the wheels is there? Is it 5/8" like other 17" wheels or greater?

The build looks awesome!

Back