New from UK

Would you believe it, after some weeks of saying that I wasn’t eligible due to only having ncd from a commercial vehicle, Toyota Insurance have offered me cover. Thanks to my dealer, I have a quote. Not as low as I was expecting, but better than nothing. They also say that it should be available on the insurance database by end of today………..not so far, but I’ll check again tomorrow, before accepting their cover. Should have the car by Friday!
Great news mate you,ll love it i,m sure
Dave

Would you believe it, after some weeks of saying that I wasn’t eligible due to only having ncd from a commercial vehicle, Toyota Insurance have offered me cover. Thanks to my dealer, I have a quote. Not as low as I was expecting, but better than nothing. They also say that it should be available on the insurance database by end of today………..not so far, but I’ll check again tomorrow, before accepting their cover. Should have the car by Friday!

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 4
Good news KevD, sounds like you’ll have to cancel the Toyota Insurance once the other insurers get their act together which judging by Toyoda’s recent post, won’t be long.

Thanks Dave, finally a 3-pin plug after two generations of the 150 series being sold in the UK with the Euro 2-pin style…..!!

Guess that’s the hybrid system, I’ll stick with the diesel engine all the same!

Do you guys get the brake controller on the right of the steering wheel like the US models

My FE hasn’t got that - doesn’t make any difference but I was surprised it’s not there - same with tow bar prep at the rear which is missing

Seems to be on whichever database compare the market uses…

View attachment 16191
That's interesting, some comparison sites have it listed whilst others don't.

Those that currently include it are: Compare the Market, Money Supermarket and Quidco Compare. All these have provided quotes to me with exactly the same insurance providers. Compare the Market being the cheapest.

Confused.com, Go Compare and my current company that insure my other car all don't have it yet. I will try these again tomorrow morning. Hopefully their databases update overnight.

Seven of the C the M quotes are cheaper than Toyota Insurance.

And for Flyingtrotter's benefit, Admiral are the cheapest!

Just my luck - moved from Admiral on Friday and collected the FE on Sat

Can always move back next year

Aaah mines doing a DPF regen about every 100 miles I told the Dealership when they had it in but seem to have ignored me /it ?? interesting is it something they cannot fix / answer ??
A new car will do this until it’s learned its own parameters usually around 6-10 regens before they settle.

Back