New from Philly

DemonJuan

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 16, 2024
Media
Philly
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hey all, I'm a proud new LC owner from the Philly burbs - I picked up my LC with premium package last week! I previously owned a 2020 4runner TRD off-road that I swapped for an X5 because of the outdated tech. The Bimmer was pretty sweet and very comfy, but every time I drove by a 4runner I felt a big pang of jealousy.

The LC is the same color scheme (black on black!) as the 4R, and feels like my 4R went to college and got a glow-up. I couldn't be more psyched.

Happy to be here!

Still bone stock (besides diaper removal) but here are a couple of photos anyway. Tires and wheels coming soon.

IMG_6941.JPG
IMG_6940.JPG

Hey all, I'm a proud new LC owner from the Philly burbs - I picked up my LC with premium package last week! I previously owned a 2020 4runner TRD off-road that I swapped for an X5 because of the outdated tech. The Bimmer was pretty sweet and very comfy, but every time I drove by a 4runner I felt a big pang of jealousy.

The LC is the same color scheme (black on black!) as the 4R, and feels like my 4R went to college and got a glow-up. I couldn't be more psyched.

Happy to be here!

Still bone stock (besides diaper removal) but here are a couple of photos anyway. Tires and wheels coming soon.

View attachment 4975View attachment 4976
This is a great looking ride! 2 quick questions: 1) is this the FE roof rack?, 2) if so, does it install directly onto the roof or do you also need the crossbars?

This is a great looking ride! 2 quick questions: 1) is this the FE roof rack?, 2) if so, does it install directly onto the roof or do you also need the crossbars?
1) Good question - it's a factory-installed rack, but I am not 100% sure if it's the same as the FE one. My assumption is that it's the same, but don't quote me.

2) This rack actually replaces the rails, so it has its own crossbars. I'm still on the fence whether I'm going to keep it, upgrade to an aftermarket rack, or just swap it with the plain rails and crossbars, as this one does create some significant wind noise at higher speeds.

1) Good question - it's a factory-installed rack, but I am not 100% sure if it's the same as the FE one. My assumption is that it's the same, but don't quote me.

2) This rack actually replaces the rails, so it has its own crossbars. I'm still on the fence whether I'm going to keep it, upgrade to an aftermarket rack, or just swap it with the plain rails and crossbars, as this one does create some significant wind noise at higher speeds.
Thanks for this! Given the wind noise, I may just stick to the regular crossbars.

This should answer your question. It installs directly to the roof no need for crossbars.

Attachments

• PT970-60241inst Roof Rack.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 30
That's pretty funny. I had my X5 for 9 years. Diesel. Great vehicle, but every time I got in my buddy's 4 Runner I'd ask myself why that didn't make more sense for me. Once these launched, it made the decision a lot easier.

Welcome neighbor, Iโ€™m just across the river from you in Cherry Hill! Congratulations on the new ride. I took delivery of mine last week, great rides!

Hey thereโ€ฆ.nice to meet you. Iโ€™m a bit north of you in Lehigh Valley area. Welcome.

Back