Need help sourcing a roof rack

1958NJ

📛 Founding Member
Sep 5, 2024
NJ
Vehicles
2024 LC 1958
Hi
New owner of a 2024 LC 1958 Edition. When the port prep team decided what options they were going to throw on.- somehow the roof rack didn’t make it in the equation.

So now I am trying to source one, but the parts department has said it’s about a 3 to 4 month wait.

I’m trying to stay with OEM - and I’m going down the rabbit hole that the Lexus GX 550 roof rack would fit my 1958

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Some forums say this is an exact match?

This is the Lexus part number - PT97060244

IMG_1438.jpeg

That rack looks terrible compared to what is out there. It looks like it sits up and will be noisy

And the first edition rack that you’re likely referring to I’ve seen lots of complaints about being extremely noisy too. I’d recommend getting roof rails off either a LC or a GX and putting on your own aerodynamic cross bars whenever you actually use them to haul something: Yakima or Thule aero bars. The OEM crossbars are also extremely noisy and awful fixed bars. To be clear, the roof rails on the GX and LC are plug and play on the 1958, it is 3 already cut pieces of weatherstrip with bolt down locations underneath.

The victory racks look good. Im looking at getting the short version but idk if wind noise will be a factor. I already have hearing loss due to my Jeep Gladiator. Everything is quiet to me compared to that.....

The dealer is likely only looking at the roof basket itself and not the rails. If you have a 1958 you'll need the side rails as well. You can get either the raised roof rails from higher-end LC trims and GXs or the flush rails from just one of the GX trims. I put the raised rails on my 1958 - got them from another forum user - and use Thule feet/crossbars that are easy to take on and off. If you don't need a dedicated rack or don't want to look like a broverlander with a Prinsu, it's the way to go.

Back