Mpg rising and feels much more planted

Buckfever

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Media
Lake County, IL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Took a day trip out to Lasalle, IL. probably covered 230 miles mostly highway. Started at 19-19.1 and ended the trip at 20. That was a nice jump I thought. The other thing that seemed remarkable is how much more planted it feels now. Maybe that is part of the break in process, but the initial drive post delivery, it felt really floaty. Not so today, in fact I for the first time I didn't feel compelled to put it in Sport. Felt much more connected to the vehicle and the feedback was greatly improved.

We are up to 20.3 mpg now. I'm going to replace the tires with KO3's I think early December before the brunt of winter. I used to run General Grabber's back in the day on my 4Runner but the KO3's seem to test better today.

During short in down drives, I'm getting something like 9.3MPG or 13MPG. These are 2 to 3 mile drives.
Averaging about 21.3MPG with 1500 miles on the odometer .

During short in down drives, I'm getting something like 9.3MPG or 13MPG. These are 2 to 3 mile drives.
Averaging about 21.3MPG with 1500 miles on the odometer .
I'm at 1,500 on the odometer, but still not breaking over 19 MPG. I do mostly local on street driving, and the jump to 19MPG came from a 600+ mile drive through windy Big Sur and back.

My best average MPG has been 16.5, combined a few highway miles and city driving here around Dallas. Mileage is really TERRIBLE!!!

I've put 1100 miles on the Cruiser and several tanks of fuel and through all the refills, my best average on a tank of gas was 16.5 miles.

Back