๐Ÿ› ๏ธ Member Build Meteor Shower FE with Westcott lift and 285/70/18 Nitto Recon Grappler tires

Member Build

Lipscomb

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 20, 2024
Media
Austin
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Landcruiser and 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Finally got the Westcott lift kit installed yesterday and very pleased with the way it turned out, as well as the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    727.8 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 746
Looks awesome ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ

Any comparison on the ride compared to stock? Iโ€™ve been wondering about how the added compression on the front spring would affect the ride quality. Does it feel a bit stiffer, sharper over bumps? Does the steering feel any different?

Any notes would be much appreciated!

Looks awesome ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ

Any comparison on the ride compared to stock? Iโ€™ve been wondering about how the added compression on the front spring would affect the ride quality. Does it feel a bit stiffer, sharper over bumps? Does the steering feel any different?

Any notes would be much appreciated!
I don't really notice much difference at all in the ride. Steering still feels the same as well.

I don't really notice much difference at all in the ride. Steering still feels the same as well.
Depending on how much lift you put in, It's a good idea to regularly check your front CV boots for damage/leaks (I make sure I inspect my Taco at every oil change or after some rough trails). They are now running at a sharper angle than stock, won't hurt anything unless you get a tear in a boot.

Very nice! I was looking at doing exactly this minus the lift. Did you try the 285's with stock suspension? Haven't seen confirmation on rub turning, driving, or at full articulation. I have a quote for a local shop to do a lift kit (not westcott) and they can do it as soon as I want to over an afternoon.

I have a Meteor FE too. I'm planning to keep the stock wheels and swap out the center caps. I was also debating doing the '24 Tacoma TRD Pro 18" wheels as an option to add a little poke and clearance for 285's.

I did have the tires put on before I could get the lift and they did not rub even stock. It just looked lower with the larger tires (until I put the lift on).

I did just put on the old school center caps as well and the stock wheels look great to me with those on.

I did have the tires put on before I could get the lift and they did not rub even stock. It just looked lower with the larger tires (until I put the lift on).

I did just put on the old school center caps as well and the stock wheels look great to me with those on.
Oh very nice! I was just talking to my buddy about painting the old school Toyota logo center caps matte black or grey if I didn't want to take a stab at it (I suck at creative stuff). Did you replace the spare with the 285 too? Did it fit?

PS - I like the Recon Grappler over the Ridge Grappler because they have a higher speed rating. I live in Texas, and the toll road between San Antonio and Austin is 85 MPH, you can easily go over the 99 MPH the Ridge Grapplers are rated for. Loved the Ridge's on my 2020 Tacoma, from the stats it looks like Recon's are just as good.

Iโ€™m in Austin and I like the Recons a lot. I ordered the Ko3โ€™s originally but it was going to be late August before they could get that size. Iโ€™ve run Ko2โ€™s for years on my 4Runners and Z71 and love the longevity, but am excited to test the Nittoโ€™s.

Curious to know what you did with the spare, as well. Looking good.
Well, great question and part of what I love about a forum like this.

Discount tire was able to put the larger spare back under, but it didnโ€™t fit as well as the stock spare (as you probably know, one of the great things about the LC250 is they come with stock wheel and tire as a spare) so it hung down ever so slightly.

My OCD eventually kicked in and I decided to keep the original wheel with the upgraded tire (in my garage) and bought one of the many stock wheels for sale and had them install one of the original tires on the new wheel and put it back as the spare. Probably overkill, but settled my OCDโ€ฆ

Wow really nice looking! I have been looking at the Westcott Preload collar lift kit 2.5" front and .75" rear leading up to the delivery of my LC, but have never done any type lift before so trying to learn as much as I can. Is that the same lift kit you have?
Do you know if installing that voids the warranty? Are there any issues or downsides associated? I guess transmission would be my concern, but I do not know.

Wow really nice looking! I have been looking at the Westcott Preload collar lift kit 2.5" front and .75" rear leading up to the delivery of my LC, but have never done any type lift before so trying to learn as much as I can. Is that the same lift kit you have?
Do you know if installing that voids the warranty? Are there any issues or downsides associated? I guess transmission would be my concern, but I do not know.
I havenโ€™t noticed any issues. Looks better, drives same and much more ground clearance.

Looks great. I got mine last week and with the 285/75 R17. I think the ride is better on my Overtrail

How did you gain ground clearance from installing a lift?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he increases the ground clearance by approximately .5 inch by increasing the tire diameter by one inch. The lift allows the larger tire to fit without any rubbing.

Back