Long time lurker - I think I'm going to pass on my LC

romanservices

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 9, 2024
Media
Maryland
I've been waiting for my LC to arrive, finally at the end of this week it's due to be in after a long QC hold. This last weekend we finally got a chance to sit in one and I found out quickly how small it is inside. I'm not a huge person but the width in the front seats between the center console and the door was way more narrow than I expected. With both knees touching plastic, I fear long trips would become uncomfortable. Curious if anyone else has noticed this.

I’ve had other midsize vehicles before, and this feels the same. It doesn’t feel claustrophobic when driving. Seat has a lot of adjustment. 5’7”.

Sitting in one (not mine) is what sold me on the LC. I loved it, but I'm also 6' and 170 lbs, and accustomed to midsize vehicles like the Land Cruiser. I could sit behind myself fine when I adjusted the front seat, but it's definitely narrower than a full size truck or SUV and could be tighter for some.

Some of what you're experiencing my be the reality of a transmission tunnel in a body-on-frame vehicle this size. It's hard to package and not affect the cabin without killing ground clearance.

Nah
Coming from a 5th Gen 4Runner there's so much room... :ROFLMAO:
I agree. I have a '22 4Runner Limited as well. At 6'3," 205 lbs, I have never found the 4Runner too tight inside. However, the large LC will be a nice size increase.

Thanks for the perspectives, for me it's this width that I'm troubled by. Now originally, I only sat in it I didn't drive it and I had my foot flat on the floor. Today I stopped back by and drove a 1958 and with the foot forward on the pedal it was better. still knees touching like in this image but better.
1720548817244.png

Do you not want your knees to touch the side? I feel like no matter how wide the front seat is I will naturally take all the room available and rest my knees on the sides.

Fwiw I’m 6’1 and about 180lbs and I think it’s well proportioned. Roomy but not overall big that makes daily driving it a hassle. But that’s just my opinion

I like to say that the most important vehicle on any test drive is the one you show up in. Because the differences between that vehicle and the one you’re shopping for will seem to be the most pronounced.

Reactions: MJE
Overall I find the LC comfortable and mostly roomy, less storage area. I will say the areas your knees are resting against in the photo, are padded in the First Edition and I do not think the other two models share this feature but I could be wrong. I was driving mine tonight and took note of how the padding was nice, so my knees are bumping there as well. But again, maybe look at the different models for small differences like this that could play a larger role long term.

Edit - I see this is an old thread...sorry

Back