LED headlight replacement

berry802

📛 Founding Member
Jul 15, 2024
Media
Owls Head, NY
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
Out of curiosity I looked in the manual for how to change out a headlight bulb, being my first LED set-up, I'm unfamiliar. All the manual says is see your Toyota dealer, so I imagine it's a process. Does anyone know if you replace the entire headlight assembly, if so that sounds like an expensive fix. Can anyone educate me on this, specifically the round headlamps. Thanks

There’s a entire thread maybe two on this and there was attached details on how
Check for headlight swap threads

There’s a entire thread maybe two on this and there was attached details on how
Check for headlight swap threads
Sorry I don't think I was clear. In the event one of the LED lights burns out what is the fix, unlike changing the bulb in a conventional headlight I guess you would need to swap the entire assembly? I think I answered my question, just looking to confirm.

Sorry I don't think I was clear. In the event one of the LED lights burns out what is the fix, unlike changing the bulb in a conventional headlight I guess you would need to swap the entire assembly? I think I answered my question, just looking to confirm.
My understanding is that you change out the entire headlight assembly. The other threads that @JoT mentioned show what the headlight assemblies look like and reference the fact that they are complete units that need to be swapped if they are defective and/or damaged or if you want to change the aesthetic of the front end.

The LED elements are not replaceable. If a light goes out the assembly must be replaced. It’s not common for one of the LEDs to go out.

Back