Leather seat upgrade of 1958 after purchase

dwover

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
Charleston, SC
Vehicles
2024 LC
I decided to upgrade after owning for a couple months. Found 2 available manufacturers of upgrade kits. Alia leather Katskin. I went with Alia. Car stereo place installed it. Really like how it turned out. Looks OEM. Highly recommend

I second, please post pictures!

Alia

Attachments

• IMG_2521.jpeg
    IMG_2521.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 194
Looks great!! If you don't mind, what was the cost?
Second that. Would be interested in what that cost as well as what leather package you got from Alea. Looks great!

Looks amazing.
Yes, please share the details of your leather and stitching choices. Love it.

I payed 2k all in. I think it was 1400 for the kit; 600 to install. Took them all day to install. Apparently, itโ€™s not an easy process (old fabric is completely removed). This was just the basic Alia kit. You can get more specialized with inserts, different colors, etc. This is the least expense option. My installer also uses the Katskin product, but he said for the 250 land cruiser, he likes Alia better because of the stitching detail.. the cioth was really the only thing I kept second-guessing about the 1958. Now that itโ€™s in, I am all set. Love it.

While at one car dealer looking for a 4Runner for my GF, the sales person said that Katskins were leather. At a different car dealer, the salesman said that Katskins were synthetic.

Iโ€™m still not sure what they are.

While at one car dealer looking for a 4Runner for my GF, the sales person said that Katskins were leather. At a different car dealer, the salesman said that Katskins were synthetic.

Iโ€™m still not sure what they are.
High grade leather. I own a Jeep with Katzkin installed and it's held up great.

Back