LC vs. 1st First edition long term value.

Which do you think will have a greater long term value the Land Cruiser or the 1St Edition?

• Total voters

Deeplyhooked

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 7, 2024
Media
Florida
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Landcruiser
Which do you think will have a greater long term value the Land Cruiser or the 1St Edition? I currently have the 1st Edition and thinking about trading in on the Land Cruiser. Thanks for your input.

If you believe in that sort of stuff, anything with a limited run should theoretically be worth more. I do not think it worked out that way though for the Ford Bronco, but as I lost mine in a divorce, I have not kept up with Broncos.

Your wording with this question leaves it a bit ambiguous. Are you asking which will have a greater dollar value worth at some point in the future or which will retain the most value as compared to its MSRP? Two very different questions. Based on MSRP, the First Edition should have a greater dollar value in the future simply because it had the higher MSRP, but I'm not sure about which one would retain its MSRP the best. Probably because I just don't see the added value compared to its higher cost in these first editions that are releasing more and more. IMO the first edition, based on what you are getting over the LC Premium, should have been like 72k. Obviously, there are people who find added value since they are selling but I just couldn't bring myself to pay than much more over an LC Premium for what you got. If it was the current pricing but with the V6 from the GX550, I DEFINATELY would have bought it. Will be interesting to see how the LC overall retains its value. I voted LC Premium as the one that will retain the most compared to its MSRP but that's probably not what will happen since FIRST EDITION lol.

Last edited:
Which do you think will have a greater long term value the Land Cruiser or the 1St Edition? I currently have the 1st Edition and thinking about trading in on the Land Cruiser. Thanks for your input.
A GM from a Toyota dealership chimed in a while back saying he was keeping a First Edition and expected it to retain value better than the others. Think it depends on how long you're actually planning to hold onto it.

A GM from a Toyota dealership chimed in a while back saying he was keeping a First Edition and expected it to retain value better than the others. Think it depends on how long you're actually planning to hold onto it.
yea I think your right it will probably be a long term hold

Back