LC - Auto Hybrid Engine Shut Off - Not Engaging

I have almost 5k on my LC LC. I am very disappointed in the hybrid performance. Yes it is fast and has lots of torque around town. But, when I place my order I was lead to believe that it would get much better gas mileage and range. I hate having to go the the gas station all the time. I also assumed it would perform like other Toyota hybrid vehicles and have much more electric driving. For me it drives more like a fancy refined engine start/stop system for stoplights. I love the design I just wish I had the twin v6 like on the 550 with a 30 gal tank. All electric mode rarely happens with the way I drive I guess. Sea level.
I’m sorry if someone mislead you, but any Toyota hybrid that is isn’t a car/crossover SUV the hybrid systems are all about making power. They might get better MPG sometimes, but that isn’t the main goal of the engine. Just look at the TT V6 hybrid, that’s all about power, not efficiency.

FWIW the GX only has a 21 gallon tank, and because the MPG is even worse the range is about the same.

I agree. If not for gas savings why give it a 17 gal tank? I think the engineers missed the mark and had to eat some humble pie. 17 gal tank was already specified in production and they had to roll with it. Remember when it was first released and they were estimating 27-28 mpg? Then EPA bumped it down to 20-23. And now "real world" is less than that if the consensus on the forum is correct. There was a misconception for sure. Great esthetic and design but fell short on the powertrain.

Back