Land Cruisers are easily stolen.

bgeorger

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
24 Land Cruiser FE, 996 911
Here is all that is left of my baby. Keys were with me. Gone in a matter of seconds and Toyota cannot locate the vehicle. Be careful out there.

Stolen from the Hyatt Place in Mississauga, ON.
IMG_0107.jpeg

That sucks man. Sorry. I wonder how this even happens? I thought new cars couldn't be hot-wired like old ones.

Unfortunately most cars with smart key/push to start are easily accessible. Sorry to hear about your LC.

When we insured ours recently, it was relatively expensive versus our other vehicles and the insurer gave the excuse that it was because it was higher theft risk. I assumed that was just a Toronto excuse. Sorry for your loss. Hope it was well insured

That’s terrible, I’m so sorry. What’s can we do to help prevent this? Steering wheel lock?

If it is that easy...... the insurance premiums might start ticking up..... I will say for me (married, kids, 40) the 2025 quote I got was only $50/mon more than my current 2014 Honda CRV.

Sidenote: If anyone wants to drive a REAL suv...... come buy my rusty 10 year old base model :D

You were in Ontario? It’s gone, sorry but you won’t see it again. Taken with a flatbed for sure. They probably followed you until you parked and got out of site. Many Canadian cities known for this. Angels probably run that racket.

Terrible. I'm using this at hotel overnights:

Disklok

LC uses a small. disklok. I also got the DE 86515 Black Steering Wheel Protection Cover

Back