Land Cruiser vs 2025 Nissan Armada/Patrol

RUN-8

📛 Founding Member
Jun 8, 2024
Media
Black Hills of South Dakota
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4 Double Cab 5.7L V8, 2015 Chevrolet SS LS3 V8
Supposedly the new Nissan Armada/Patrol is being revealed on September 3rd, 2024.

No specifics yet but thought I might as well get a thread going for when it drops.

If dimensions on the Infiniti QX80 are any indication this will be closer in size to Sequoia but unlike the Sequoia, Nissan might equip the Armada with full time 4 wheel drive.

Curious to see what they bring to market.

Interested, as STILL have not received our LC. The arrogance/indifference of Toyota is frustrating, to put it mildly. The present Armada is rock-solid with the V8, so anxious to see what happens. However, have to have full-time 4WD here in snow/ice country. I understand Toyota owns Torsen, so it may not be that great center differential. Doing "full-time 4WD" with clutches is a bad way to go in my opinion.

Same boat here. Winter in the Black Hills can get interesting.

The Infiniti has full time 4 wheel drive so there is that.

It’s using a 3.5L twin turbo V6, putting down 450hp and 516ft-lbs of torque. My guess is the Nissan will bring the same torque and bit less peak horsepower to protect the “premium” offering.

Nissan unveiled the new Armada for North America.

Looks like a strait up Land Cruiser 300 series competitor rather than a LC250 competitor worldwide.

I don’t hate it, frankly looks way better in most regards than the new Sequoia which is really the direct competitor here.

Looks like a Hyundai. LC 250 looks like a truck.

I'm not a fan of the 200 or 300 series looks either. I'm a fan of the older FJ lines and the 250.

I do think avoiding the hybrid is a plus. Fortunately the build quality of the LC250 is superb. I will say that people unsure what to buy or frustrated waiting should not underestimate the build quality of the 250 when considering alternatives.

Unfortunately for us we may not have the option of waiting for a Land Cruiser. I suspect my damaged 2015 Chevrolet SS is going to end up totaled due to parts being unavailable. So our new vehicle purchase is going to move up 6-9 months and it will be to replace my wife’s car not add a new daily driver for me.

Back