Land Cruiser First Minor Issue: Moonroof Rattling

little_banana

📛 Founding Member
Mar 26, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
BMW M340i
Just noticed today while driving around the city, I hear a small ratting noise, kind of like moonroof slightly hitting something, causing a ratting/vibrating sound.
Upon further investigation, I believe it is coming from the moonroof. The noise can be recreated by slightly tapping the moonroof.

Anybody experienced same issue?
I did a quick google search, seemed like some of the 2024 Tundras had a similar issue.

Just noticed today while driving around the city, I hear a small ratting noise, kind of like moonroof slightly hitting something, causing a ratting/vibrating sound.
Upon further investigation, I believe it is coming from the moonroof. The noise can be recreated by slightly tapping the moonroof.

Anybody experienced same issue?
I did a quick google search, seemed like some of the 2024 Tundras had a similar issue.
Before taking anything apart, see if you can apply spray wax or if you have it, gummi pflege where the rubber meets the metal. Water would probably be ok too for the sake of an experiment. In my experience a creak can be confused for a squeak, and vice versa.

Back