Issues with new TMPS in second wheel set

ricochet

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Washington State
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser FE, 2024 Ranger Raptor, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Upgraded wheels/tires with a second set that has new Autel multi-band TPMS sensors. It's not going well with the sensors reporting correctly.
  • The tire shop used an OBD computer to sync them with the car, but it didn't "stick". It worked initially, for about half a day, then said there was an error.
  • I tried the process in the manual to add new sensors to the system, and that isn't working. Says to continue driving for set-up. (I drove 2 hours, no change.)
  • The mobile app says that pressures haven't been updated since the prior set was removed, but is showing pressures and says there are no issues (the old set of wheels/tires are stored 5 miles away... pretty sure it's NOT picking those up.)
  • I went back to the tire shop and they confirmed that all five sensors are sending in the correct band.
  • OBD port shows that the vehicle is seeing the sensors and reporting numbers but the vehicle dash continues to show a tire pressure error and will not report pressures.
Anyone have any thoughts before I take this to the dealer to get sorted?

0V8A2505.jpg

Iโ€™m having the same issue. I read in another thread someone was also having the same issue and their dealer resolved it for them.

I was able to successfully add a 2nd tire set using autel sensors.

Perhaps u can ask your tire guy to clear your obd of any tpms error codes using the autel scan tool. Then after, u can redo the relearn procedure using the onboard settings. Per the manual this requires u to drive over 25mph for a specified amount of time.

I was able to successfully add a 2nd tire set using autel sensors.

Perhaps u can ask your tire guy to clear your obd of any tpms error codes using the autel scan tool. Then after, u can redo the relearn procedure using the onboard settings. Per the manual this requires u to drive over 25mph for a specified amount of time.
We tried all of this. Twice.

Another option is to clone your stock tpms IDs to the autels.

Good luck, boss

Looks great!

Do you have a part number on the wheels and what size falken's did you go with?

They're Wildpeak AT4W 265/70R18 HD E-Loads with the new Toyota TRD PRO alloy wheel. (for 2024 Tacoma)
Off topic, but do you have any shots from the front to show the poke with these wheels? It should be fine in theory, just curious to see. As I said on one of your Facebook posts, I'm thinking about those same wheels if I get stuck with 20" wheels. (Also, really appreciate your last couple videos on your new Land Cruiser!)

Off topic, but do you have any shots from the front to show the poke with these wheels? It should be fine in theory, just curious to see. As I said on one of your Facebook posts, I'm thinking about those same wheels if I get stuck with 20" wheels. (Also, really appreciate your last couple videos on your new Land Cruiser!)

Here's the closest shot I have to that. Hope it helps.

IMG_3289.jpeg

Upgraded wheels/tires with a second set that has new Autel multi-band TPMS sensors. It's not going well with the sensors reporting correctly.
  • The tire shop used an OBD computer to sync them with the car, but it didn't "stick". It worked initially, for about half a day, then said there was an error.
  • I tried the process in the manual to add new sensors to the system, and that isn't working. Says to continue driving for set-up. (I drove 2 hours, no change.)
  • The mobile app says that pressures haven't been updated since the prior set was removed, but is showing pressures and says there are no issues (the old set of wheels/tires are stored 5 miles away... pretty sure it's NOT picking those up.)
  • I went back to the tire shop and they confirmed that all five sensors are sending in the correct band.
  • OBD port shows that the vehicle is seeing the sensors and reporting numbers but the vehicle dash continues to show a tire pressure error and will not report pressures.
Anyone have any thoughts before I take this to the dealer to get sorted?

View attachment 6172
I had an issue with my new wheel and tire setup where my TPMS was malfunctioning according to the pop-up notification. I drove around with no PSI readings for about a week and it magically fixed itself before I had to contact the dealer. So, I am of no help lol.

I just got back from the Toyota dealer and they said that 3 of the 5 sensors were mis-matched IDs. Which is weird because that was the first thing we checked at the tire shop last week. Anyhow, they had it fixed in a 30 minute appointment. We'll see if they stay connected (since they were originally connected then lost signal.)

Looks great!

Do you have a part number on the wheels and what size falken's did you go with?
I stayed with the stock size. standard ply but they are thick and heavy. 51 pounds I believe. have preformed great on mountain trails. A little noisy on highway. hence the desire for second set of quiet better mpg pavement tires maybe Defenders

I just got back from the Toyota dealer and they said that 3 of the 5 sensors were mis-matched IDs. Which is weird because that was the first thing we checked at the tire shop last week. Anyhow, they had it fixed in a 30 minute appointment. We'll see if they stay connected (since they were originally connected then lost signal.)
How's this been going for you? Still working and all settled?

Back