Is anyone using a Toyota credit card key, as seen in this video

I had one of these with my 22 Lexus. I kept it when I traded in the Lexus. It is the same model number as the one pictured above. Does anyone know if this can be reprogrammed to the Land Cruiser?

I ordered from the dealer in the video above, it arrived today, tomorrow I'm going to see if the dealer can add it to my LC. Note: it did not come with the manual key.

(edit) :( Can't get into the stealership till the 12th, when I'm there I'll see about ordering the physical key

Last edited:
My dealer argued with me saying it was a regional area item and not available in our area I am sending him the parts number in am.
I’ve never heard of a Toyota part being regional, but I had no problem ordering it myself and already arranged to have it linked to the car at a dealership. Good luck with your dealership, if that doesn’t call another one.

Yeah I have mine from my Tacoma and it worked awesome. If any of you have trouble getting it to link with your app, just uninstall the app and reinstall it. It worked for me and quite a few others on the Tacoma forum.
You don't even need that if you use your cell phone with the Toyota app linked as long as you installed the digital key on it.
Once I forgot to take my key fob with me and got in the truck and it started and I went to the grocery store.
I couldn't find my key fob as I walked out into the parking lot and I panicked!
I went inside and asked that courtesy desk if anyone turned one in they said no,
so I walked out to my truck, watching the ground and underneath the truck to no avail.
As I pulled on the handle, I heard the truck unlock.
Low and behold the door unlocked as I held the handle, so I thought what the heck and I tried to start the truck and it started right up. I figured it was the phone and yes the key was at home when I got there. No digital wallet key either.
The only problem is if you lose your wallet or your phone with either one of those digital keys. I do like that idea of a faraday pouch.
Of course the key in my wallet key won't fit this LC unless by chance it does when I go and try it but it's very unlikely.
I'll have to see what my dealership charges for programming and the two other local dealers.
I suspect they'll charge the $200 an hour they charge because they told me they don't prorate that hour when installing accessories which I never have them do anyway.

Anyone know the part number for the removable key for this? Would it have to ordered pre-cut or can you order a blank an have a local locksmith cut it?

Yeah I have mine from my Tacoma and it worked awesome. If any of you have trouble getting it to link with your app, just uninstall the app and reinstall it. It worked for me and quite a few others on the Tacoma forum.
You don't even need that if you use your cell phone with the Toyota app linked as long as you installed the digital key on it.
Once I forgot to take my key fob with me and got in the truck and it started and I went to the grocery store.
I couldn't find my key fob as I walked out into the parking lot and I panicked!
I went inside and asked that courtesy desk if anyone turned one in they said no,
so I walked out to my truck, watching the ground and underneath the truck to no avail.
As I pulled on the handle, I heard the truck unlock.
Low and behold the door unlocked as I held the handle, so I thought what the heck and I tried to start the truck and it started right up. I figured it was the phone and yes the key was at home when I got there. No digital wallet key either.
The only problem is if you lose your wallet or your phone with either one of those digital keys. I do like that idea of a faraday pouch.
Of course the key in my wallet key won't fit this LC unless by chance it does when I go and try it but it's very unlikely.
I'll have to see what my dealership charges for programming and the two other local dealers.
I suspect they'll charge the $200 an hour they charge because they told me they don't prorate that hour when installing accessories which I never have them do anyway.
My local dealer was $75

Re: physical key cutting, this can absolutely be done by the local locksmith. Maybe even try those automated key places at the mall or Safeway.

Re: physical key cutting, this can absolutely be done by the local locksmith. Maybe even try those automated key places at the mall or Safeway.
Yeah I would think so because it's just a key without the end you would hold between your thumb and forefinger. Good thought there. Thanks.

I have been trying to find the physical key that fits inside the card with no luck.

Has anyone found a part # for the physical key?

FWIW, I’ve been using my phone (digital key) for about 2 months exclusively now. It was rocky / frustrating for about 10 days but it’s been great since!

Last edited:
So I got the emergency key ouch! $75!

Might could've gotten one cheaper but it was already here so, I went ahead and paid the stealer.

Understand key 69515-12350 is for a Tacoma and not a Land Cruiser. The Tacoma has a groove in it and the LC does not, but it looked to me it would still work. Took it to three Locksmiths would could not cut it. The forth one said "no problem" he has newer equipment.......... He cut it and it works perfectly even with the groove. He wasn't willing to try and program the Electronic key to the LC for fear of "Bricking" the LC which would cost $3800 to "un-brick" (I guess you have to buy a new module).

I have an appointment with the stealer on the 12th and see if they will program the key. If not the locksmith said he would try at my risk.

Last edited:
We have one of these that came as a 3rd key with a 2024 Tacoma. I just got back from the dealership where they were NOT able to get it paired with my 2024 Land Cruiser. The tech thinks that these are like "old" fobs that can only be paired with a vehicle once. They were pretty confident that a new virgin key would work but gave all the same warnings that these are all so new. I'm definitely watching to see if a new key will pair up. FWIW my dealer also confirmed the 8990H-A1010 part number.
PS: In case anybody is worried - neither the LC or the card key were bricked by my dealer's attempt. I lost my gauge cluster settings and door button seat memory settings but everything works just like it did before.

Last edited:
We have one of these that came as a 3rd key with a 2024 Tacoma. I just got back from the dealership where they were NOT able to get it paired with my 2024 Land Cruiser. The tech thinks that these are like "old" fobs that can only be paired with a vehicle once. They were pretty confident that a new virgin key would work but gave all the same warnings that these are all so new. I'm definitely watching to see if a new key will pair up. FWIW my dealer also confirmed the 8990H-A1010 part number.
PS: In case anybody is worried - neither the LC or the card key were bricked by my dealer's attempt. I lost my gauge cluster settings and door button seat memory settings but everything works just like it did before.
Thanks for the update, yes I was told it could only be paired with one vehicle.

That's what the locksmith indicated...... he wouldn't even scan the key until I showed him the invoice. Said didn't want to waste his time. But then chickened out on the add.

My credit card key works perfect!

Costs: $415 total
$235 - New credit card key, 8990H-A1010, (for a '24 Tacoma) from Edmartin.toyota.com
$73 - Emergency key blank, 69515-12350, (for a '24 Tacoma) from Bill Penny Toyota (local dealer)
$10 - To cut the new emergency key blank from locksmith. Not every locksmith can cut this key.
$95 - To program new card to vehicle from Bill Penny Toyota

Musts:
Brand new never programed credit card key
Bring all the existing fobs when getting the card programmed, otherwise any forgotten fob will not work anymore. They need to enter all existing key registrations into the vehicle at the same time.

Last edited:
My credit card key works perfect!

Costs: $415 total
$235 - New credit card key from Edmartin.toyota.com
$73 - Emergency key blank from Bill Penny Toyota (local dealer)
$10 - To cut the new emergency key blank from locksmith
$95 - to program new card to vehicle from Bill Penny Toyota

Musts:
Brand new never programed credit card key
Bring all the existing fobs when getting the card programmed, otherwise any forgotten fob will not work anymore. They need to enter all existing key registrations into the vehicle at the same time.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'll start putting in some orders.

Back