Is anyone using a Toyota credit card key, as seen in this video

My dealership is telling me to program/link to vehicle it’s a flat $170 fee. Another local dealership said they could do it for 1/2 hour of labor at $90. Cheapest key I could find is $223 delivered

Last edited:
I showed the part number listed in video to my dealer in Az and they advised it was for a Tacoma and refused to order it because the dealer would not program it because it was not for my LC🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

I showed the part number listed in video to my dealer in Az and they advised it was for a Tacoma and refused to order it because the dealer would not program it because it was not for my LC🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
I called 4 dealerships in my area looking for a better price on program/match the key to the vehicle, they all said they hadn’t tried yet(because of how new the LC is), but were willing to try as long as I assumed responsibility if it didn’t work. They were scared it may “brick” the key, but as long as they as using GTS to program the key, it will link with no problem. Every Toyota dealership is using GTS.

I'm not fond of carrying that fob in my pocket. So this might be perfect for my situation, thanks again.

I have installed a hidden magnetic sensor that unlocks the driver's door when ferrous metal is passes within 1/4" over the target area (appox 1/2" in dia), I normally hide the spare fob in the vehicle (in sleep mode and in a faraday pouch) so that I'll never be stranded due to a lost fob etc.......... this may be a better solution to hidden fob as well. I'm curious how many keys can be programed to the ECU.

I'm not fond of carrying that fob in my pocket. So this might be perfect for my situation, thanks again.

I have installed a hidden magnetic sensor that unlocks the driver's door when ferrous metal is passes within 1/4" over the target area (appox 1/2" in dia), …..
I wish I could do sh*t like that…

Did the dealer quote how much it would cost to cut the physical key?

Seems like it would be cheaper to go to a lock smith that can do it formthst part.

Last edited:
With the CC electronic key, there isn't a physical key.

(edit) There is a physical key, thanks for the info PdxOg

(edit#2) Just received it and no physical key was included, there is a slot for one. I wonder if my dealer sells those.

Last edited:
With the CC electronic key, there isn't a physical key.
except there actually is a physical back up key in there…

press down on that tiny shiny metal circle pin and you can extract the physical back up key to unlock the driver side door if the smart key battery dies.

it doesn’t come cut, costs extra

IMG_0024.jpeg

press down on that tiny shiny metal circle pin and you can extract the physical back up key to unlock the driver side door if the smart key battery dies.

View attachment 10415
Now I have to have one, so cool!

View attachment 10415
Thanks for the correction! I've never owned one before so this is all new to me.

Back