Interior storage solutions --WARNING NOT CHEAP!

Uncle_Spike

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 8, 2024
Media
TN
Vehicles
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4XE, Land Cruiser 2024 FE
So I intentionally went to REI looking for "storage solutions" and knew firsthand it would likely be costly if I found anything. Well damnit, once I realized how good all the Blue Yeti Sidekick dry bags looked with my Heritage Blue FE I knew I was screwed. In my defense I already owned the $200 blanket ,well my pup did along with 3 yeti dog bowls (another $200) her stuff was nicer than mine of course. Well in the end I Ended up with 2 1L Sidekick Dry Bags , 1 3L Sidekick Dry bag and 1 6L sidekick Dry bag. The bags have velcro on them so I literally just plopped the driver, passenger and big bag in the rear (attached to back seat) on to the carpet. The 1L bag by the rear battery cover is a piece of industrial stick on velcro stuck on to plastic.

The deets .... the small 1L bag was the only one small enough to not be in the way of my leg while driving, mainly for a pair of glasses. The medium 3L bag is on the passenger side trans hump . I do not allow human passengers , 4 legs only so its not in anybody's way over there. The one on the rear seat back in cargo area I'm sure it will fall off if I put anything in it, currently its resting on the Yeti Lowlands blanket in the grey bag. The YETI Camino 35 tote happen to fit so well, chalk another one up for the dog as an overnight tote, big enough for some toys, food, meds, towels etc. The 1L at the back in the cargo area stuck to the wall was just really cause it looked cool and I had a few things I kept going after in the actual little cargo boxes and I kept finding the lids a bit fiddly with the all weather cargo mat in there.

The Overlanding crates were a marketplace find, water proof, latchable and cool tie down spots built in. Front Runner Wolf Pack storage boxes, 4 of them in the back still a bunch of room left. The north face bag is to carry class II 1/10 scale RC crawlers and cheaters.

I thought I was done then the damn advertising algorithms got me and forced me to channel my inner middle aged corvette enthusiast when a blue pair of Gore-tex addidas popped up in facebook for 1/2 off lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2508.jpg
    IMG_2508.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 504
So I intentionally went to REI looking for "storage solutions" and knew firsthand it would likely be costly if I found anything. Well damnit, once I realized how good all the Blue Yeti Sidekick dry bags looked with my Heritage Blue FE I knew I was screwed. In my defense I already owned the $200 blanket ,well my pup did along with 3 yeti dog bowls (another $200) her stuff was nicer than mine of course. Well in the end I Ended up with 2 1L Sidekick Dry Bags , 1 3L Sidekick Dry bag and 1 6L sidekick Dry bag. The bags have velcro on them so I literally just plopped the driver, passenger and big bag in the rear (attached to back seat) on to the carpet. The 1L bag by the rear battery cover is a piece of industrial stick on velcro stuck on to plastic.

The deets .... the small 1L bag was the only one small enough to not be in the way of my leg while driving, mainly for a pair of glasses. The medium 3L bag is on the passenger side trans hump . I do not allow human passengers , 4 legs only so its not in anybody's way over there. The one on the rear seat back in cargo area I'm sure it will fall off if I put anything in it, currently its resting on the Yeti Lowlands blanket in the grey bag. The YETI Camino 35 tote happen to fit so well, chalk another one up for the dog as an overnight tote, big enough for some toys, food, meds, towels etc. The 1L at the back in the cargo area stuck to the wall was just really cause it looked cool and I had a few things I kept going after in the actual little cargo boxes and I kept finding the lids a bit fiddly with the all weather cargo mat in there.

The Overlanding crates were a marketplace find, water proof, latchable and cool tie down spots built in. Front Runner Wolf Pack storage boxes, 4 of them in the back still a bunch of room left. The north face bag is to carry class II 1/10 scale RC crawlers and cheaters.

I thought I was done then the damn advertising algorithms got me and forced me to channel my inner middle aged corvette enthusiast when a blue pair of Gore-tex addidas popped up in facebook for 1/2 off lol.
OH NO! I'm heading to REI today to trade in my son's bike. Thank you for planting the seed.

How does it attach in the trunk? Iโ€™m a surfer and having my stuff (wax, wax comb, ear plugs, suncscreen, etc) would be really nice

Nice haul, but you forgot to include the most important picture: your Pup!

How does it attach in the trunk? Iโ€™m a surfer and having my stuff (wax, wax comb, ear plugs, suncscreen, etc) would be really nice
Using industrial velcro, if it chooses not to stick long term I will glue the velcro with E6000

So these rubber seatbacks came in from china, had to lay them in the sun all day because they came in a duct taped brick package that looked like something that would wash up on the beach in Florida after a hurricane. They actually fit really well, def good protection for seatbacks

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 345
So these rubber seatbacks came in from china, had to lay them in the sun all day because they came in a duct taped brick package that looked like something that would wash up on the beach in Florida after a hurricane. They actually fit really well, def good protection for seatbacks
I got the same ones... but it's more like plastic than rubber. Put mine in the AZ sun too... for a day to melt out the wrinkles... LOl

I think they look fine for the price... It passed the Wife test.... After the install... She said I should get something like that for my car! She thought they came with the LC.... So must not look too bad!

So I ordered these off Amazon - they were like $10
I had my car pretty shined up, so I used some alcohol prep pads and cleaned the appropriate area.
Iโ€™ve only used this one day so o cannot speak to sticking a billing term
- it does come with red 3m type pull tape - so far so good

Attachments

• IMG_8860.jpeg
    IMG_8860.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_8862.jpeg
    IMG_8862.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_8863.jpeg
    IMG_8863.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 204