Interior Light set up user failure

MeefZhette

📛 Founding Member
Aug 28, 2024
Ohio
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958
I took possession (hopefully not regrettably so) like 24 hours ago on my 250 and am getting use to getting back into a Toyota. This is my first LC. 4Runners before this and I was without a Toyota for a few years too.

Anyhow I’m trying to adjust all the settings and I’m failing at getting the door and interior lights set up! For the life of me I can not get the interior lights to turn on when the doors open. I’ve tried every configuration of open-closed door- open door-button pushed in-pushed out etc with lights on then off etc with no luck of getting them on to come on with the doors opening.

This may send me over the edge and I might take it back to the dealer and get my other car back!! Please help!

I took possession (hopefully not regrettably so) like 24 hours ago on my 250 and am getting use to getting back into a Toyota. This is my first LC. 4Runners before this and I was without a Toyota for a few years too.

Anyhow I’m trying to adjust all the settings and I’m failing at getting the door and interior lights set up! For the life of me I can not get the interior lights to turn on when the doors open. I’ve tried every configuration of open-closed door- open door-button pushed in-pushed out etc with lights on then off etc with no luck of getting them on to come on with the doors opening.

This may send me over the edge and I might take it back to the dealer and get my other car back!! Please help!
on the ceiling there is a button labeled DOOR. if that button is engaged you should get interior lights when you open the door.

The UI of the vehicle is about as inelegant as it could be. Give it time. I also found the interior light control completely non-intuitive.

Unfortunately the 1000 pages of manual is equally bad

on the ceiling there is a button labeled DOOR. if that button is engaged you should get interior lights when you open the door.
Yes, after about 10,000 different configurations using that button with lights on, off, doors open and closed, and the useless multimedia system, I was finally able to find where the interior lights were set to "off" for some reason. So I was finally able to get it changed. Maybe I will keep this thing another 24 hours at least!

there are several oddball things to get used to for sure specifically with the technology. I have owned every major car brand out there and have yet to find one that was perfect. This rig is checking a lot of boxes though.

The UI of the vehicle is about as inelegant as it could be. Give it time. I also found the interior light control completely non-intuitive.

Unfortunately the 1000 pages of manual is equally bad
If you download the PDF manual on your phone or computer you can use the search function to find many things quickly using keywords if the table of contents is unclear.

If you download the PDF manual on your phone or computer you can use the search function to find many things quickly using keywords if the table of contents is unclear.
Like almost everyone here I have a downloaded manual. Doesn't make it any less pathetic. The "explaination" for the door button is one example of just how poorly it is written. Adding one simple sentence would satisfy 98% of users: "In normal operation the Door button LED is green".

Like almost everyone here I have a downloaded manual. Doesn't make it any less pathetic. The "explaination" for the door button is one example of just how poorly it is written. Adding one simple sentence would satisfy 98% of users: "In normal operation the Door button LED is green".
Maybe it was written by a politician. 🤣🤣🤣

I dunno the green meaning the lights are on with the door seems pretty self explanatory, but I get what you’re saying.

I dunno the green meaning the lights are on with the door seems pretty self explanatory, but I get what you’re saying.
This is exactly why my posting included "user failure" :LOL: I figured it was all me!

Back