Illuminated Door Sills

Esquire

📛 Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
It appears most of the Landcruiser Edition and FE’s have the illuminated door sill option.

However, if they don’t have it, does anyone know if this is an easily added / plug and play option?

It appears most of the Landcruiser Edition and FE’s have the illuminated door sill option.

However, if they don’t have it, does anyone know if this is an easily added / plug and play option?
My not yet delivered LC shows the illuminated door sills as a Port Installed Option, not Factory Installed, so I would imagine they could be added

My not yet delivered LC shows the illuminated door sills as a Port Installed Option, not Factory Installed, so I would imagine they could be added
Thank you, Smokester. That is what I was quasi assuming. I have narrowed one down, however, it does have them listed as an option. Sounds like dealer can install them easily.

Thank you, Smokester. That is what I was quasi assuming. I have narrowed one down, however, it does have them listed as an option. Sounds like dealer can install them easily.
You will pay a premium for the dealer to do it. I imagine they’re easy to do yourself as they are probably plug and play.

If someone in this group has access to the Toyota website to get the install instructions for this, that would be great

I assume "illuminated entry" are the lighted sills?
Illuminated entry refers to the cabin lights and courtesy lights while the lighted sills are a PIO for the actual lit foot sills

Heres what my dealer is charging to add two options. They didnt break it down. I decided against the body side moldings. Not 💯 % confident Id like the look. The illuminated door sills show as a $360 option on Toyota’s build site. The body side moldings are $275.

Trying to figure out how to install myself— not a lot of info out there. I imagine though its easy. If anyone knows more please share. My LC is in port (Portland) held up by quality control— so Im told.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpeg
    IMG_1892.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0634.jpeg
    IMG_0634.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 102
Thank you for the information.
So the dealer is adding an additional $200 for the illuminated door sill installation?
That must be about an hour of shop labor.
So, I presume they can do it in a half hour or less.
Should be an easy install.
The moldings I wouldn’t want to attempt myself as they need to be leveled perfectly.

Thank you for the information.
So the dealer is adding an additional $200 for the illuminated door sill installation?
That must be about an hour of shop labor.
So, I presume they can do it in a half hour or less.
Should be an easy install.
The moldings I wouldn’t want to attempt myself as they need to be leveled perfectly.
Yes—- probably around $200 to install the sills. I havent seen any pictures with the moldings installed… have you? I saw a new LC in Waikiki last week and it looked nice. No side moldings and just thought it might take away from the sleek look. Wish Toyota had some live pictures.

Plus, the only place I saw ‘First Edition’ was on the mud flaps. No where else.

Attachments

• IMG_1869.jpeg
    IMG_1869.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 109
I agree. I’m not sold on the need for the side moldings.
I am a big fan of a lot of designs on SUVs.
I like the look of full running boards as well. To me they look rugged and finishes them off.
I’m going to figure out how to buy the First Edition mud flaps eventually.
It sounds like they will be available after a bit.
I haven’t actually seen a Land Cruiser in the flesh yet.
I saw a new white GX in Omaha this week. It is sharp. However, the GX is definitely more of a feminine look.

Heres what my dealer is charging to add two options. They didnt break it down. I decided against the body side moldings. Not 💯 % confident Id like the look. The illuminated door sills show as a $360 option on Toyota’s build site. The body side moldings are $275.

Trying to figure out how to install myself— not a lot of info out there. I imagine though its easy. If anyone knows more please share. My LC is in port (Portland) held up by quality control— so Im told.
First, with a wiring diagram, what I suggest below might change, due to if Toyota is offering a factory/Dealer option, the system may be pre-configured etc.......

Depending on how the LC is configured......

If it has "puddle lights" (lights that illuminate the ground around the doors when they are opened) you can locate the wires in the connectors behind the Dvr's/Passengers kick panels and tap into them, easy deal.

If it doesn't have puddle lights, you will need to find the door (dome light) trigger wire(s) and determine if it is a "always hot" circuit, waiting on the "ground" connection or a grounded system waiting on a hot input. Determine if the dome circuit is powered by a relay, if so you can tap into the circuit from the relay output.

The trigger wires should be accessible at the connectors located behind the Dvr's/Passengers kick panels.

If I were doing it (with puddle lights) I'd locate the light's wires behind the kick panels and "posi-tap" into them.

Without any type of additional lights when the door opens, I'd locate the trigger wires behind the kick panels and "posi-tap" into them and wire in a fused relay to power the sill lights.

I agree. I’m not sold on the need for the side moldings.
I am a big fan of a lot of designs on SUVs.
I like the look of full running boards as well. To me they look rugged and finishes them off.
I’m going to figure out how to buy the First Edition mud flaps eventually.
It sounds like they will be available after a bit.
I haven’t actually seen a Land Cruiser in the flesh yet.
I saw a new white GX in Omaha this week. It is sharp. However, the GX is definitely more of a feminine look.
My spec sheet has the heavy duty mud guards on it as standard for the FE. So yours should be too, if yours is FE

First, with a wiring diagram, what I suggest below might change, due to if Toyota is offering a factory/Dealer option, the system may be pre-configured etc.......

If it has "puddle lights" (lights that illuminate the ground around the doors when they are opened) you can locate the wires in the connectors behind the Dvr's/Passengers kick panels and tap into them, easy deal.

If it doesn't have puddle lights, you will need to find the door (dome light) trigger wire(s) and determine if it is a "always hot" circuit, waiting on the "ground" connection or a grounded system waiting on a hot input. Determine if the dome circuit is powered by a relay, if so you can tap into the circuit from the relay output.

The trigger wires should be accessible at the connectors located behind the Dvr's/Passengers kick panels.

If I were doing it (with puddle lights) I'd locate the light's wires behind the kick panels and "posi-tap" into them.

Without any type of additional lights when the door opens, I'd locate the trigger wires behind the kick panels and "posi-tap" into them and wire in a fused relay to power the sill lights.
Thanks for the info

The harness for illuminated door sills exists on all LCs regardless of trim.
1717093044848.png

Back