If my LC sits a while

Ben

📛 Founding Member
Jul 22, 2024
Media
Dawsonville Ga
Vehicles
1983 FJ 40, 2024 1958 Land Cruiser
I may have to go overseas for 3 months- will my LC be ok just parked? Trickle charge? Anyone know how? Thanks!!

Trickle charge would be best. It can be hooked to the under-hood jumper point or at the battery itself. When you remove the carpet tray top/upper tray, you will see the lower tray (which also pops straight up and off), then in the rear most area of the exposed floor the are some rather large rubber plugs that I think (IDK) will allow an extension cord to pass through.

If it's gonna sit in a deployment holding yard, I'd just lock it and worry about a jump start when you get home.

Last edited:
I may have to go overseas for 3 months- will my LC be ok just parked? Trickle charge? Anyone know how? Thanks!!
There are wonderful trickle charger available everywhere that do an amp or 1.5 amps. I have used them for years on all my vehicles because....they live on a ranch and I don't except in Spring Summer. With the New 1958 the battery disappeared to the rear left side and I stuck a trickle charger there and cut a whole in the bottom of the removable panel so the 3 prong 110v cable could be accessible. I think all cars that are left for a period of time need to be trickled. In the older cars before this century it seems the clock on the dashes would suck a battery dead. Now with computers that are waiting for you to touch a button it is even more necessary.

Depending on where it’s stored, might not be a bad idea to use the app to remote start the engine a few times as long as it isn’t a hazard with the exhaust fumes. Just enough to warm the engine up so the pistons don’t sit idle for so long and get the oil flowing

Back