I-FORCE MAX Badge

TJK

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 17, 2024
Media
Edwardsville
Vehicles
2024 LC Premium 2012 4Runner Limited
I want to black out my I-FORCE MAX badge, what technique are people using?
I did see a post on here about Plasti-Dip, not sure I want to go that route.

You will have a hard time pulling it off in one piece. It is designed to be removed without issue. It will still look like crap made all black.

In contrast the "Land Cruiser" label on the back looks great.

You can mask and use the peelable black spray coating, if it's not to your liking, it peels off very easily.

Can anyone confirm that they peeled it off without any negative impact on the paint?
Absolutely. It's designed to be removed. It's on top of the clear coat.

The original design would not have included the badge. It would have been added after marketing wanted to brand the power train as something special. The compromise between marketing and designers is to make it removable.

To black it out you will need to remove it.

Get yourself some waxed dental floss, and carefully remove the badge with the dental floss.

Then clean the paint with an adhesive remover like Goof-Off.

Next take your iForceMax badge and chuck it in the trash because itโ€™s an abomination. Or put it in a zip lock baggie if you simply must save it.

I just blacked it out this evening using Plastidip. It was easy and the Plastidip peels right off the paint, leaving no sign it was on the paint at all. Only negatives is that even using the Plastidip gloss top coats (3), itโ€™s still not as glossy as the LC emblem. And it definitely has a different feel to the touch as itโ€™s a rubbery feel. TBD about durability but it definitely looks better than chrome.

Remove it with strong fising line cuts through when pulled behind the badge sorry Fishing line

Last edited:
Way better removed. Imo.

Attachments

• 20240730_181148.jpg
    20240730_181148.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 216
I wouldnโ€™t go that far, itโ€™s an ugly badge thatโ€™s out of place but I wouldnโ€™t resort to vandalism to remove one.

My wife loves the iForceMax badge. She thinks the small circle in the middle looks like sunset over a desert. So yeah, the badge is staying.

Back