How to order the stock 18" wheels?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to love winter tires. But now we don’t get much winter weather any more. The 3PMS AT’s are good enough for me now.

Climate change. Or, it’s because I bought an Ariens snowblower and nature is now mocking me.

I bought a 3 stage Cub Cadet snow blower two years ago. Used it a lot that first winter didn’t even run it last winter.

Now that I own a snow blower I can daily a rear wheel drive sports car year round in the Black Hills. LOL.

I've owned and tested many different "studless" winter tires. The X-Ice Snow is far better in the snow vs. the old X-Ice Xi2 and old X-Ice Xi3 (those older variants were already good on ice). And they last much longer (and work much better when worn) vs. the Blizzak variants. A brand-new (read: for a short period) Blizzak might have a very slight edge in snow/ice but the Michelin is for sure better long term. Plus, the Michelin performs better in the dry and wet (long a weak point of the Blizzak studless variants). The Nokian Hakka R5 is an another good option and a tire I've owned. On the new Land Cruiser 250 Series, Michelin is the only option for an OE size 18" winter tire (265/70R-18) that isn't an LT (high-load) tire. I run the X-Ice Snow on our family's two (2) other cars and they work great. I'm very happy and excited that Michelin is offering the excellent winter tire for the Land Cruiser 18" size.

How would you rate the Michelin vs Hakka’s with studs? I don’t mind running an LT tire for winter use in the off chance I do end up off road and need a more robust sidewall. Studs are legal in my area of operations FYI.

Back