How to order the stock 18" wheels?

You need to double check winter tire size availability. The size options for 18" winter tires (especially non-LT winter tires) are very limited in the Land Cruiser 18" size. I've started my research and it's not looking great.
Blizzaks, dmv-2 plenty of 18’s and a couple 20’s.

Here you go...part number for the OE grey 18" wheels that come on the LC grade (and the part number for the center caps):
--18" Grey Wheels: 42611-60M70 (MSRP: $543.48)
--Center Cap: 42603-60730 (MSRP: $39.51)
Wow.. great! But how do you know? Can't find any pictures, specs or even description of it other than "Wheel Disk"

Blizzaks, dmv-2 plenty of 18’s and a couple 20’s.
TireRack only lists three (3) tires in the OE 265/70R-18 size and they are all Load Rating E LT winter tires (and no Blizzak DM-V2). There are some options in the 275/65R-18 tires (including the Blizzak DM-V2) but I don't like going wider for winter. The only 20" tire listed is an LT tire.

Wow.. great! But how do you know? Can't find any pictures, specs or even description of it other than "Wheel Disk"
Info is from a good parts contact I have at my local Toyota dealership. They ran my VIN (LC Grade with the OE grey 18" wheels). So, info is from Toyota.

Info is from a good parts contact I have at my local Toyota dealership. They ran my VIN (LC Grade with the OE grey 18" wheels). So, info is from Toyota.
I think some first editions have these in black which is what I'm on the search for, either a trade for my 20"'s or to purchase. Any chance you parts guru's would have that part number?

TireRack only lists three (3) tires in the OE 265/70R-18 size and they are all Load Rating E LT winter tires (and no Blizzak DM-V2). There are some options in the 275/65R-18 tires (including the Blizzak DM-V2) but I don't like going wider for winter. The only 20" tire listed is an LT tire.
275 is less than half inch wider than 265. You could go 255. Any size blizzak will do better than most other studless winter tires .

I think some first editions have these in black which is what I'm on the search for, either a trade for my 20"'s or to purchase. Any chance you parts guru's would have that part number?
A lot of the FE specific parts are vin locked, so you'll need to have an FE VIN to order them.

They're identical to the LC 18s though, if you really wanted them in black it may be easier or cheaper to buy a cheap LC set and powdercoat them.

275 is less than half inch wider than 265. You could go 255. Any size blizzak will do better than most other studless winter tires .
Thanks. I'm not a big Blizzak fan. They work great in ice/snow but aren't great in the wet or dry (and wear fast). And they don't work as well when worn (vs. Nokian and, even more so, Michelin). I have a ton of winter tire experience—including testing winter tires. I plan to dig into more size and make/model winter tire research in August/ September (hopefully some new options are released). I do NOT want to run an LT tire. And I'm hoping somebody offers a steel wheel option (aftermarket, of course).

Just at my local dealership parts department. They were quoting me $580 per wheel for 1958 & $620 per wheel for the 18-inch FE version. I have no idea if he was looking at the right one, but I definitely passed. Best luck is finding takeoffs on Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, or Craigslist's like others have mentioned.

Just at my local dealership parts department. They were quoting me $580 per wheel for 1958 & $620 per wheel for the 18-inch FE version. I have no idea if he was looking at the right one, but I definitely passed. Best luck is finding takeoffs on Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, or Craigslist's like others have mentioned.
I suppose I did okay paying $750 for all 4 18” FE with center caps free delivery. But no tpms which I will probably search for some that work with Toyota.

Thanks. I'm not a big Blizzak fan. They work great in ice/snow but aren't great in the wet or dry (and wear fast). And they don't work as well when worn (vs. Nokian and, even more so, Michelin). I have a ton of winter tire experience—including testing winter tires. I plan to dig into more size and make/model winter tire research in August/ September (hopefully some new options are released). I do NOT want to run an LT tire. And I'm hoping somebody offers a steel wheel option (aftermarket, of course).
After a quick check, in 18" the Michelin X-Ice Snow and the Hankook Winter i Pike X are the only two winter tires I've come across that are standard load. I added them and a few other winter options to the spreadsheet.

After a quick check, in 18" the Michelin X-Ice Snow and the Hankook Winter i Pike X are the only two winter tires I've come across that are standard load. I added them and a few other winter options to the spreadsheet.
I checked multiple sources including the Michelin website and the X-Ice SNOW is NOT offered in 265/70R-18. Can you confirm where you are getting your info? I do see the Hankook tire on their website (so I agree with that one).

I checked multiple sources including the Michelin website and the X-Ice SNOW is NOT offered in 265/70R-18. Can you confirm where you are getting your info? I do see the Hankook tire on their website (so I agree with that one).
Let's see if this link works:

Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

Edit to add you're right, I can't find it on the Michelin web site. Hmm.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 2.58.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Let's see if this link works:

Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

Edit to add you're right, I can't find it on the Michelin web site. Hmm.

View attachment 5103
I have confirmed with my Michelin contact that these winter tires (X-Ice Snow, 265/70R-18) will be released in late 2024 (current ETA is 12/4/24). Those are the winter tires I plan to run on my LC grade. I just need to decide on a set of 18" winter wheels. I'm hoping someone makes a set of silver 18" steel wheels that will fit. We'll see.

I have confirmed with my Michelin contact that these winter tires (X-Ice Snow, 265/70R-18) will be released in late 2024 (current ETA is 12/4/24). Those are the winter tires I plan to run on my LC grade. I just need to decide on a set of 18" winter wheels. I'm hoping someone makes a set of silver 18" steel wheels that will fit. We'll see.
Yes the Michelin x ice I’ve never tried but would be my other choice and may try them on one in the fleet besides the blizzaks and I won’t get them but machined aluminum or steelie wheels look good on these lc also.

Yes the Michelin x ice I’ve never tried but would be my other choice and may try them on one in the fleet besides the blizzaks and I won’t get them but machined aluminum or steelie wheels look good on these lc also.
I've owned and tested many different "studless" winter tires. The X-Ice Snow is far better in the snow vs. the old X-Ice Xi2 and old X-Ice Xi3 (those older variants were already good on ice). And they last much longer (and work much better when worn) vs. the Blizzak variants. A brand-new (read: for a short period) Blizzak might have a very slight edge in snow/ice but the Michelin is for sure better long term. Plus, the Michelin performs better in the dry and wet (long a weak point of the Blizzak studless variants). The Nokian Hakka R5 is an another good option and a tire I've owned. On the new Land Cruiser 250 Series, Michelin is the only option for an OE size 18" winter tire (265/70R-18) that isn't an LT (high-load) tire. I run the X-Ice Snow on our family's two (2) other cars and they work great. I'm very happy and excited that Michelin is offering the excellent winter tire for the Land Cruiser 18" size.

I used to love winter tires. But now we don’t get much winter weather any more. The 3PMS AT’s are good enough for me now.

Climate change. Or, it’s because I bought an Ariens snowblower and nature is now mocking me.

Back