Hi, I'm Brett. Nice to meet you.

The LC that I purchased in year 2000, is it called J 100?
Breaking down older Land Cruiser naming conventions (just for fun):

The first letter(s) designate the motor.
The J means "Heavy Duty" Land Cruiser (or originally "Jeep" if the legend holds true) FJ40, BJ40 (diesel), FJ45, FJ43, FJ60, HJ60(diesel), FJ62, FJ80, URJ200 to name a few. If you have the 2UZ gasoline/petrol motor your 2000 LC would be a 2UZJ100.
The numbers at the end designate the series.

The "lighter duty" Prado always begins with "LC" regardless of the motor. It has been called the LC70, LC90, LC120, LC150 and now this fifth gen, 2024, is the LC250.

Hey Brett, your knowledge about LCs is very impressive. I did read clearly that HUD, a laser projecting on the cabin side of windshield, will be offered on LC and First Editions. However, with premium package, you can get HUD, and digital backview mirror on 1958s.
In front of your forehead, on windshield, the back view mirror, is available as a camera(s) feed. This is very useful and gives a great view of surroundings.
Thus a big life saver.
Are running boards standard on 1958? And lastly why First Edition is called First Edition if it will always be available, which I doubt. Same size and same engine, and 3 trims.
This may not work so well, unless, as I said before, First Edition will be limited to just 5000 copies.

By heads up display are you talking a display projected onto the windshield? If so, I have no idea if that will even be an option. Toyota's goal with this truck was to go back to utilitarian roots and bring the price point back down. A windshield HUD is kind of a fluffy option.
Yes, this is the HUD. Kind of feature I like but I will not pay extra for it. Landcruiser and First Edition trim.

Hey Brett, your knowledge about LCs is very impressive. I did read clearly that HUD, a laser projecting on the cabin side of windshield, will be offered on LC and First Editions. However, with premium package, you can get HUD, and digital backview mirror on 1958s.
In front of your forehead, on windshield, the back view mirror, is available as a camera(s) feed. This is very useful and gives a great view of surroundings.
Thus a big life saver.
Are running boards standard on 1958? And lastly why First Edition is called First Edition if it will always be available, which I doubt. Same size and same engine, and 3 trims.
This may not work so well, unless, as I said before, First Edition will be limited to just 5000 copies.
Awesome. I've never had a vehicle with a HUD or even a back-up camera.
Yes, First edition is only the first 5000. Later, I expect Toyota will have a higher limited edition trims, but call it something like TRD PRO or the Trail Hunter edition or similar.
I'm not sure about your question on the rock rails. It sticks in my mind that the 1958 doesn't come with them.

Yes, this is the HUD. Kind of feature I like but I will not pay extra for it. Landcruiser and First Edition trim.

The only options so far that have me not 100% sold on just buying the 1958 and modifying it to my own tastes, is the electronic sway bar disconnect and the camera system.
I think the cloth seats are more durable and comfortable (not as sweaty), I like the round headlights. I'm going to add my own tires/wheels/suspension/roof rack/bumpers etc... anyway.

I understand you would like the MTM - Multi Terrain Monitor and the SDM - Swaybar Disconnect Mechanism ? Yeah, they are nice. But probably Landcruiser trim will be +10K.
For the existing model LC150 the price list here [Euro] is 61K, 71K and 77K, including 19% tax. Some "nice" features are coming with the top trim:
Multi Terrain Monitor
Crawl Control
Multi Terrain Select (MTS) Rock / Rock & Dirt/ Mogul / Loose rock / Mud & Sand,
Torsen Lockable Rear Differential
AVS - Adaptive Variable Suspension

I understand you would like the MTM - Multi Terrain Monitor and the SDM - Swaybar Disconnect Mechanism ? Yeah, they are nice. But probably Landcruiser trim will be +10K.
For the existing model LC150 the price list here [Euro] is 61K, 71K and 77K, including 19% tax. Some "nice" features are coming with the top trim:
Multi Terrain Monitor
Crawl Control
Multi Terrain Select (MTS) Rock / Rock & Dirt/ Mogul / Loose rock / Mud & Sand,
Torsen Lockable Rear Differential
AVS - Adaptive Variable Suspension
Is there some Toyota literature you've seen that confirms Adaptive Variable Suspension will be available on at least one trim level of the upcoming Land Cruiser 250? I've seen a couple of third-party sites mention that but haven't yet located anything in which Toyota confirms that.

I
Is there some Toyota literature you've seen that confirms Adaptive Variable Suspension will be available on at least one trim level of the upcoming Land Cruiser 250? I've seen a couple of third-party sites mention that but haven't yet located anything in which Toyota confirms that.
I haven't seen AVS mentioned anywhere either. I think it's only available on the Luxury + Overtrail and Overtrail + trims of the GX 550 where it's specifically listed in the order guide.

Back