Hi from Austin

agimiagi

📛 Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Austin Texas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I came across this forum looking for alternatives to the predator rock rails for my new 2024 land cruiser. My husband and I used to have an ‘83 Land Cruiser that was just the best. I get the car next week and am stupid excited!

I should mention that I threw down for a first edition just to spite the dealerships in Houston that were adding a 10k market adjustment. Basically, what I’m spending for the first edition from an honest dealership in Dallas is what the Houston dealership was trying to charge me for the land cruiser trim. Crazy.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

Last edited:
I came across this forum looking for alternatives to the predator rock rails for my new 2024 land cruiser. My husband and I used to have an ‘83 Land Cruiser that was just the best. I get the car next week and am stupid excited!

I should mention that I threw down for a first edition just to spite the dealerships in Houston that were adding a 10k market adjustment. Basically, what I’m spending for the first edition from an honest dealership in Dallas was what the Houston dealership was trying to charge me for the land cruiser trim. Crazy.

Welcome from Frisco, TX!

I should mention that I threw down for a first edition just to spite the dealerships in Houston that were adding a 10k market adjustment. Basically, what I’m spending for the first edition from an honest dealership in Dallas was what the Houston dealership was trying to charge me for the land cruiser trim. Crazy.

Hello, sorry to hear about the dealer shenanigans but hopefully you’ll have a nice road trip. I wanted to offer that I really love the Toyota rock rails. They’re kinda tucked in compared to typical rails, so I don’t rub my pant legs on them at all.

Hello, sorry to hear about the dealer shenanigans but hopefully you’ll have a nice road trip. I wanted to offer that I really love the Toyota rock rails. They’re kinda tucked in compared to typical rails, so I don’t rub my pant legs on them at all.
That's really helpful to know! I actually just purchased the stirrups from ARCHTYPE RACING that can just clip on, so I'm happy to have both options. I have my 84 year old mother-in-law and my 5 year old daughter that might need a little extra help getting up.

I should mention that I threw down for a first edition just to spite the dealerships in Houston that were adding a 10k market adjustment. Basically, what I’m spending for the first edition from an honest dealership in Dallas is what the Houston dealership was trying to charge me for the land cruiser trim. Crazy.

Welcome from Corpus Christi. Understand completely about the crazy mark-ups, same thing down here, 10K+, so I bought from a dealership outside of Dallas.

Has anyone purchased from any Austin area dealers? I find it interesting that they didn’t share their allocation until much later than other dealers. I put a deposit on LC Premium at Cedar Park but was told it would be six months. I ended finding one back home in Iowa that should arrive in the next two weeks.

Welcome from Corpus Christi. Understand completely about the crazy mark-ups, same thing down here, 10K+, so I bought from a dealership outside of Dallas.
Was it Family Toyota in Arlington? That's where I'm buying from –they have 4.9 reviews on Google!
Has anyone purchased from any Austin area dealers? I find it interesting that they didn’t share their allocation until much later than other dealers. I put a deposit on LC Premium at Cedar Park but was told it would be six months. I ended finding one back home in Iowa that should arrive in the next two weeks.
That's great! I looked in Cedar Park too, because they are a non-MRA dealership, but was told the same thing. 6 months is too long. Family Toyota didn't require a deposit. I am working with a woman named Robyn and she has been great. I don't feel like a sucker.

Was it Family Toyota in Arlington? That's where I'm buying from –they have 4.9 reviews on Google!

That's great! I looked in Cedar Park too, because they are a non-MRA dealership, but was told the same thing. 6 months is too long. Family Toyota didn't require a deposit. I am working with a woman named Robyn and she has been great. I don't feel like a sucker.
Yes, it was a really easy process, did everything online.

That's really helpful to know! I actually just purchased the stirrups from ARCHTYPE RACING that can just clip on, so I'm happy to have both options. I have my 84 year old mother-in-law and my 5 year old daughter that might need a little extra help getting up.
My 10 yr old loves the rock sliders as they’re just big enough and stick out just far enough for her to gain a foothold to climb in.

I am picking up next week from Family Toyota in Burleson. GREAT dealership. Transparent, honest pricing. No games, no ADM. Highly recommend the Family Toyota group to anyone considering a new LC.

Back