Hi everyone.....from ZXTREM

ZXTREM

πŸ“› Founding Member
Jul 14, 2024
San Diego
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser 1958
I have had several 4x4's. Started out with the 2003 Nissan Xterra SC. Now I have a 2020 Defender 110 and purchased the new Land Cruiser 1958. Both vehicles look very similar. I love my trucks. The Land Cruiser is my Everyday Toy. The Defender is my Luxury Truck.
After driving the Land Cruiser for over 500 miles now, I am greatly disappointed about the MPG. Not 25, nor 22 MPG, but rather 14-15 MPG. Somethings is not adding up. If any one has a clue about the bad MPG please let me know. Thanks for accepting me into this forum.

I have had several 4x4's. Started out with the 2003 Nissan Xterra SC. Now I have a 2020 Defender 110 and purchased the new Land Cruiser 1958. Both vehicles look very similar. I love my trucks. The Land Cruiser is my Everyday Toy. The Defender is my Luxury Truck.
After driving the Land Cruiser for over 500 miles now, I am greatly disappointed about the MPG. Not 25, nor 22 MPG, but rather 14-15 MPG. Somethings is not adding up. If any one has a clue about the bad MPG please let me know. Thanks for accepting me into this forum.

Not sure why its so low. I'm only 300 miles in and I'm averaging 24.8 MPGs on my first tank.
And that's probably 50/50 city highway....

I will say I drive like a Grandpa and baby it though lol

24.8 MPGs on my first tank.

Is there a way to show MPG for the tank or did you just calculate by hand? I like that display setting the most on my Rav4. Per trip isn't really useful and total average is also kinda boring. Per tank has always been a fun score for me to watch on my hybrids (I've had two prius's in the past, and currently have a Rav4 Hybrid)

I can only find the trip MPG and total mpg in the display options on the LC.

I've only run through 1 tank, but averaged 21.1 on that one. Started from 8 when I picked it up at the dealer. I think I'm learning and actively trying to drive it more efficiently though.. certain habits will turn the engine off when going downhill for long periods of time, for example. I would bet that if my wife drove it for a tank, the mpg's would be significantly less because efficiency is not on her mind while driving.

In other threads folks have suggested resetting it when you pick it up from the dealer, as it may have sat idling in port etc. and you don't want that throwing it off. And others have said it gets better as the engine breaks in.

Back