Hello from Maine

Aomori207

πŸ“› Founding Member
Oct 13, 2024
Portland, Maine
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition
Hi everyone,

Reporting from Portland, Maine. Just picked up my LC250 FE about month ago. I was driving a Subaru Outback for about 3 years before that. I am in love with my new LC and cannot wait to upgrade it! Anyone have any recommendations for my first upgrade purchase?

Im looking into all terrains. Any recs rims, tire, and size? This is my first car that I am actually excited about changing or adding things too. Im pretty new to everything car wise!

Hi everyone,

Reporting from Portland, Maine. Just picked up my LC250 FE about month ago. I was driving a Subaru Outback for about 3 years before that. I am in love with my new LC and cannot wait to upgrade it! Anyone have any recommendations for my first upgrade purchase?
Welcome! I’m up in the county. I tend to keep my vehicles fairly close to stock. The only thing I’ve done is to get some 18” rims with 255 blizzaks for the winter.

Im looking into all terrains. Any recs rims, tire, and size? This is my first car that I am actually excited about changing or adding things too. Im pretty new to everything car wise!
Your biggest issue with new rims will be whether you want poke or no poke. Original rims are all about +60 mm offset... But most aftermarket rims are nothing close to that which leaves the wheel poking out.

I went with a skinny tire and +35mm offset to minimize poke. But I'm old.

Enjoy your new cruiser and the forum.

Welcome to the club! For me it's going to be new tires but not new wheels. I wasn't excited about the 20" wheels but the dealer took the price off the car so I went with it. I figure for my use cases it will work with some upgraded A/T tires.
-Kurt

Hello from Massachusetts. I've put Method 703 17x8.5 +35 wheels and Open Country A/T III 285/75 on my FE. Looks good in my humble opinion.

Hi everyone,

I chose to replace the stock Michelin LTX Trail tires with B.F. Goodrich KO3s in the original OEM size of 265/70R18 124S. Still very good on road, but extremely capable off-road with terrific sidewall strength. I undoubtedly lost some fuel efficiency due to the additional unsprung weight of the tires, but I’m still averaging approximately 20mpg.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Welcome to the Jungle!

As far as mods go, visit the "Member's build" pages, lots of good ideas and plenty of DIY mods.

1729762405927.png

Back